Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 06-Dec-2004, 21:34
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
break-in

Ive had the pleasure of meeting a very nice man from the SOC investigator from sussex police after some low life decided they wanted my car more than me not happy with just breaking the lock they crowbar the top of the door then pull it a full 9inches out then proceed to smash the steering lock.
they must have been disturbed as they legged it with the small change for parking.
insurance will cough up but the really sad side is that there are 4 evidence collectors in this area and they visit on average 20!!!!!!!!!!!! break-ins a day between them.
this means on average insurance companys are paying out £500 pounds of our premuims per claim.
And yes he said they do catch a fair few but very seldom do they get sent down.
in fact they have proof that their offending within hours which he said makes his job pretty piontless most of the time.
they all get fined but if theve got no money this just makes it worse.
now my gripe is if all these do gooders in those camera partnerships spent as much time on real crime than chasing motorists doing 3 mph over the limit perhaps our insurance might drop.
end of rant.
Old 06-Dec-2004, 21:38
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Fines are no good cos how do they get the money to pay the fine? They go nick someone elses stuff.

I can't wait 'till they sort out these new rules that let us kick the crap out of someone breaking into our home. I reckon we should be allowed to shoot them!
Old 07-Dec-2004, 01:51
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Nearly 20 years ago i had both of my bikes stolen by the same lads who were caught, they admitted stealing mine and others to pay for previous fines, so the process continued.

It went to court one went down and the other was fined again!!!!

By pure chance there was justice as the poor guy had an accident and hurt himself apparently

I hasten to add it had nothing to do with me, he must have upset someone else as well

[Edited on 7-12-2004 by BDG]
Old 07-Dec-2004, 05:38
500SD
Bikes: ST4S

That's it, track the guys down (once you know their names from the court, that should be easy!) and make sure they have an accident. Better they suffer for awhile instead of being put out of their misery with a shot to the head.
Old 07-Dec-2004, 13:57
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Sorry to hear the news Ian, I know only too well what SOCO is saying and it really is as simple as putting more bobbies on the beat. (Un)fortunately that has little to do with the Camera Safety Partnerships and more to do with personal taxation, why cant we have the same level of policing as they do in New York! 8 million population and 37 thousand cops according to a programme trailer on't telly! I'd pay more tax for that but not if it get's spent on compensation claims and litigation costs for those poor hard done by crims who had a bad childhood! Aah, poor lambs, they really do deserve a pat on the head and a free holiday in the caribbean to recover from the trauma of being brought up with a complete disregard for other people and their property!
Old 09-Dec-2004, 15:06
500SD

On a similar theme...

If you encounter any suspicious intruders on your property over Xmas, you know what to do...

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit