Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 31-May-2005, 10:35
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Shoei Z One, very quiet, very comfy, oh yes, and I always wear plugs. I have a Shoei shaped head and couldn't get an Arai to fit me, they have now changed the shape of the Arai-actually they have 2 shapes-so I can now get them to fit so may try an Arai next time.

John
Old 31-May-2005, 12:03
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
pardon? what did he say? old ones are the best, - jokes monty, not you.

arai will always be noisy until the change their ear pod design, - too lumps of plastic over your ears cause air turbulance which is what does the damage, - wonder if I have a legal case as I have constant tinnitus, guess the AC/DC concerts in the 1970's may also have something to do with it!
Howver I like the fit and quality of the arai, - until I tried a Shark RSR last year, - arai quality and fit yet quieter. But still need ear plugs, - made to measure fit best but not as quiet as plug in types.
Old 31-May-2005, 17:10
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by MARTIN H
I keep trying ear plugs and cant seem to get to grips with them, perhaps I just need to give it a bit of time but I find somehow it turns the whole riding experience into a bit of a video game. Does that make sense? What I'm trying to say is whenever I have worn them I find myself going quicker than I would without them as everything is so much quieter and I feel more "remote" from whats going on. Anyone else feel the same?

Saying that when I have been on long tours abroad I have made the effort to wear them and after a day or 2 wondered I have managed so long without them but on returning home I started riding without again and got used to that.

I have a Arai RX7 and a Quantum and they are very noisy I borrowed my mates Shoei for an hour once and it was much quieter. Has anyone tried those ear plugs that are made to fit your ear?

I know exactly what you mean, I can't hear a thing when I have occasionally tried earplugs, but now with the 999 and a new RX7 the noise is getting unbearable, after a day on the bike yesterday my left ear was aching, but I know if I try earplugs I end up in my own little world and cannot hear a thing around me.
Old 31-May-2005, 17:23
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by 888heaven
Thanks peps
I do wear ear plugs but I've got a very noisy helmet (no laughing at the back)
I like the XR1000 so might give that a look over cheers
ian

My Shark lid was much quieter than my Shoei XR1000 which I think is a noisy lid. With the Shark, short trips without earplugs were OK, with the Shoei, there's no way I would ride without ear plugs, I did it once just after I had bought it for a 40 mile trip back home from the BMF. Never again, plugs every time now.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit