Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 19-Sep-2005, 20:11
500SD

Mood: Yellow!!
Here\'s a wild idea

Say hypethetically I wanted to move to Italy and work in the factory building Ducati's, how possible would this be, what would you need and how much do you think you could earn?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 19-Sep-2005, 20:17
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally posted by 748IOM
how possible would this be
Very.
Quote:
what would you need
Italian. Patience.
Quote:
and how much do you think you could earn?
Not very much at all.

Actually they have a pretty small workforce, so getting a job might not be that easy, but you can guarantee that you're more likely to land one casting 2v heads than running the MotoGP team!

Go for it, and keep us informed with how it goes.

Cheers,

Ali
Old 19-Sep-2005, 20:22
Ducati Corse

I think they said that there were 1000 people working at the factory, 400 in admin, 100 in Corse and 500 on the production line.

Looked mind numbingly boring if you ask me! Still they do get beer with their lunch!
Old 19-Sep-2005, 20:23
Mille

Application form is online.

http://www.ducati.com/company/employ...lication.jhtml

Mike
Old 19-Sep-2005, 20:31
500SD

Well I started by getting a Diploma in Engineering, because I've always been electrical and mechanically minded. At the same time I grew up always wanting to be a computer programmer.

For the past few years however I have got a bit tired of the role and feel I want to do something more physical.

Italy looks to be somewhere a bit different and away from it all and at the same time I could be working on the bikes I love the most.

I've sent my CV off anyway so who knows.

Its not something I'd do for definate but I'd certainly not rule it out. I always think that if you feel like doing something you should just go out and do it, so we'll see.

[Edited on 19-9-2005 by 748IOM]
Old 19-Sep-2005, 21:24
Big Twin

Mood: is it cos i is a bricklayer
Still they do get beer with their lunch!

that may explain a few things!!!!!!!!!!

i must have an afternoon bike!!!!!!!

[Edited on 19-9-2005 by monstermob 998]
Old 19-Sep-2005, 21:29
Dibble

mate Bologna is quite small, the factory is in a large industrial area and the wages won't be great, just looking round the car park when we went it was full of 10 year old cars and the like .....

why not talk to a few dealers here ??? they aren't exactly bursting at the seams with talented and passionate mechanics ....

hell, i'd start by calling Nelly for some advice, and maybe begging a job at Cornerspeed, god knows he could use the help ....

good luck with whatever you do ....
Old 19-Sep-2005, 21:36
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE

hell, i'd start by calling Nelly for some advice, and maybe begging a job at Cornerspeed, god knows he could use the help ....

I did that...I wont repeat what he said!...My saturday job consist's of making the coffee and the bacon butty run...
AND I dont get paid
Old 19-Sep-2005, 22:12
500SD

Quote:
Originally posted by DIBBLE
mate Bologna is quite small, the factory is in a large industrial area and the wages won't be great, just looking round the car park when we went it was full of 10 year old cars and the like .....

why not talk to a few dealers here ??? they aren't exactly bursting at the seams with talented and passionate mechanics ....

good luck with whatever you do ....

Thanks I fully understand what you're saying and you're probably right. I know I also ask what may seem a lot of simple basic questions about my bike as well but that doesn't mean I'm not capable, I'm a very quick leaner and adapt to most things pretty well.

From my experience of computer programming it's more about interest which helps you achieve, you can give people all the books and all the tools but if their heart isn't in it and they just think "that would be cool" then they won't last long. If you're passionate enough about something you can pretty much achieve anything.

That's the way I look at things anyway, I don't like to be defeatest and I like to achieve any goals I set myself.

I'm definately serious about this crossroads I've come across in my life and I think life is to short to waste and I don't want to grow old full of regrets.

I think the whole working for Ducati is also about the lifestyle as well but if it's not the right thing then it's not ment to be.
Old 19-Sep-2005, 22:21
Mille

Give it a go mate. If you don't try you will never know. What's the worst thing that can happen?

Mike

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit