Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 11-Sep-2004, 13:01
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by BDG
Big thanks to guest1 for helping with the updates, hope you don't get the sack for not doing any work on Thursday.

I was really pleased that the trip finished with a thunderstorm as it put the bonfire out which prevented the locals re enacting the Wickerman, much to their disgust.

Actually the Lands End hotel were superb, didn't mind a dripping wet biker turning up late, rustled up some food and kept the bar open until i went to bed, the receptionist Anita rides a 125 and her other half is into bikes as well.

Thanks a million for all the offers of beds for the night, guides for the roads, support vehicles, crew etc. etc. Apologies if anyone thought i was being ignorant declining all these but, if i'd taken various offers up it could have taken a fortnight, which wouldn't have the same impact (and therefore money raising possibilities) as doing it in a day.

I didn't really have time to hang about.

I'll rattle of a little story about the run but its not the most exciting of stories, (Redruth is right there). More a case of how the bike performed.

Final thing before i go to bed, for all you Multistrada owners, i stopped into to see Mike and Brian, some very old mates at GT Motorcycles in Plymouth on the way home, put the Multi on the Dyno and it produced 82.7 bhp and 61ft lbs torque.

oops nearly forgot

the mileage.

day 1 upto John o Groats 495
day 2 end to end 850
day 3 back home 379

Monty had 851, Flanker had 849.

I'll have to check emails and entry forms at work next week to see if anyone who has made a donation has come up with the exact mileage. If not we have 2 in the silver medal position.

Donation is in post, reading that reminded me!
Old 20-Sep-2004, 14:05
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Well done BDG, glad it went well.
Right, I'd better send that cheque now.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit