Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 02-Mar-2005, 22:11
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Top thread, i am not too sure of the average age of the members here, but it is clear that some earn vast sums of money and some dont.
Natrualy some people want to earn as much money as they can regardless and some are happy just to get by.
I for one am 35, and have been working for the same company since i was 21. i started off driving a van and fixing small plant, then after what i consider 5 years of wasting time i went to nightschool and tought myself my current trade. I moved into the office setting up the first server and a couple of workstations, and after all these years am still here (ok in need and ready for a change) with over 500 users and 36 servers pretty well running the lot. I was happy when they got in an IT manager who would take all the paperwork off me and leave me to get on with what i consider what i do best. This may be seen as taking a back step and it also meant losing out on a bigger car (big deal) and about 8k a year. but i spent 11 years working in clubs around the northwest and northwales every weekend and earned a few quid from that but packed that in after the whole scene went a bit faceless and it seemed the trendy thing to be doing and no longer about the music.
anyway at the end of the day if you dont mind getting out of bed in the morning for what you do i think thats half the battle.
So for the last 5 years or so, i bought my first house after renting for years, and very very rarely go out anymore, but i spend just about every penny i can get (and about 7k more than i had with the last purchase) on my bikes. There is nothing that makes me feel more alive and instead of selling them when a bit bored, i store it / restore it and just buy another
Although to be honest with just buying the RC30 and being 7 grand in debt i am a bit on edge than with a couple of grand. so this is a first for me being this skint, but like someone else said - i also remember the time paying for fuel with 2p and 5p pieces, and you only live once so what the hell.
Anyone who has massive amounts of cash and who has worked hard for it then good on them - they deserve it. . . . . . . spare us a few quid ? let you have a go on the RC30 now there's and idea !!!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit