Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Jan-2012, 21:23
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Clarification on Class 1C

Regarding membership fees really.

Am I right in assuming that if you want to enter class 1C that you have 2 seperate ways of paying for it and retaining your number?

1: I pay the DSC my membership fee and get my little red card, then I pay the fee to enter the DD class 1C (same as if I was entering A or B)..then I pay my £30 membership to hottrax and the DSC are then able to guarantee that I'll be #85?

2: I pay my Solo rider and registration fee of £75 to Hottrax and register for the supercup class but run the yellow numbers on black background and essentially run in Class1C. I guess I'll get my number 85 but will I still have to pay my DSC membership AND the DD entry fee AND the 75 quid to Hottrax. And once I've paid ALL of that would I be classified not only in the Supercup results overall...but also the class 1C results too??

It's all a bit of a grey area.

Bottom line is..I want to enter a few rounds of the Class 1C championship and guarantee that I run #85

What do I do?..who do I pay and how much will it cost in total?

Otei
Old 08-Jan-2012, 22:05
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Tim
Good question and it is a grey area, collecting points in two seperate championships in the same race and possibly hoping to pick up more than one trophy in the same race. Which I was told wasn't going to happen.
But its been happening in BSB where EVO class riders collected points and Trophies in both Evo and the Full on BSB Class

Sounds like your bike spec is going to be Supercup spec and therefore also Comply with Class1C, as such I can't see how you can enter Supercup using a Class 1C Number with the different Background Colour as Class1C is a higher Spec.
Really you should be entering Supercup and then registering with DD to run in Class1C but would have to use the Supercup number board backgrounds
Standard Practice is for bikes to use the lower class background. At the TT my R6 ran in the Junior on its Production Class Numberboards, there was no way they would have let us run Junior plates in the Proddy race

Renewing your DSC Membership @ £25 and Registering for DD @ £20 gets you into Class1C Championship
Joining Hottrax @ £30 and paying the race entry gets you on a grid that will be shared with a least one if not both of the Hottrax classes.
But to register your number for a Hottrax class sounds like its going to cost you more

But they are Dave's Classes and his rules so what he allows is up to him

Last time I discussed these Classes with Dave at Hottrax he wasn't sure on how they will line up as that depends on the level of interest.

Options are All 3 Classes on one Grid if numbers allow
And if the numbers are to great for one grid

Then depending on Class Numbers Class 1C has to alternatives
Race alongside Supercup or Race alongside Superbike

So What Race you enter on the day isn't yet certain and could even possibly change from meeting to meeting

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 08-Jan-2012, 22:47
Big Twin

Thanks, Kev.

Interesting point about 1C being a higher spec than Supercup. I thought they'd be relatively similar.

Spec of my bike will be as follows:

Stock motor and cans
Slipper clutch
Stock ohlins shock
Uprated forks
P4 calipers
Brembo MC
Race fairings, brackets, clip ons and footrests.

That's it.

I'm really not that concerned which I enter, be that Supercup or 1C (though it would be cool to be in with a chance of 2 resluts and trophies in 1 race )

My main concern is that I race with #85...I'd rather not race without it
Old 08-Jan-2012, 23:00
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
just enter 1c then - 85 will be yours and if you're unlucky enough to have another 85 in the other classes....erm...what happens then??
Old 08-Jan-2012, 23:13
Big Twin

Good question...but I guess they'll be a different colour so it shouldn't really matter?

Worms..can..anyone?

I'll be having a black bike and quite fancy the idea of just plastering funky yellow numbers on it to be fair..so I may just enter 1C...

That might rstrict me a bit though...Hmmmm!
Old 08-Jan-2012, 23:14
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
whats the pieman doing? bet he's already spoken to Hottrax
Old 08-Jan-2012, 23:21
Big Twin

Good point, Bradders!

NEEEEIIIIILLL?????
Old 09-Jan-2012, 02:58
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
Spec of my bike will be as follows:

Stock motor and cans
Slipper clutch
Stock ohlins shock
Uprated forks
P4 calipers
Brembo MC
Race fairings, brackets, clip ons and footrests.

Since Class1C rules were written there have been some minor changes to the rules for the Supercup class, narrowing the gap between the two classes
Neil talked Hottrax into allowing the P4 Calipers

Although in Class 1C you can use any Non Radial Brake and disc combination (excluding Carbon & Ceramic discs)
Also in Class1C you can have Ohlins R&T or WP ROMA etc Forks, Alloy Fuel Tanks, Non Standard Airbox, different throttle bodies, ECUs and Injectors, change the cams, uprate the con-rods, fit a quick shifter and even bore them out up to 997cc

So a bit more than you can do to a Supercup Spec Ducati although a 2001 Ducati 996R could be the better Ducati option for SuperCup, but it can't be entered in Class1C. Still if an Italian V-twin option is wanted for Supercup the Aprilia would be the cheaper option

Bikes like the ZXR750M come with Alloy tanks and Smoothbore carbs as standard and as for a standard Honda RC45 and Yamaha R7 they are pretty well kitted. Can't see anybody entering a RC30 in supercup unless they can use 17" Rear wheels

Superbike Class could be interesting
Anybody recall what weight and what if any inlet restrictions Ducati had to run prior to 2002 or could you remove them and have a bike in Club racing that is technically lighter and possibly more powerful than when it raced in WSBk

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 09-Jan-2012, 06:46
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
Good point, Bradders!

NEEEEIIIIILLL?????

Yes oh shampoo boy.

As Kev said P4 calipers are now allowed in Supercup. As regards number/background colours Dave said to me at the time (I have this on email) that he was not to bothered about what colour they are as long as they are clear and easily visable.
I'm sure as the time grows closer that this needs to be confirmed again with Dave.
Right now I have both sets of colours ready.
Old 09-Jan-2012, 09:32
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
I have reserved number 71 in Supercup/superbike, and will make descion on entering class C1 nearer to the time. I doubt if If will be out on 853 at brands, only just dropped the motor and now need to split it and go through repalcing rings valves etc. Most probabley just stick to superbike as I have a few sets of slicks for my 6" rim but none for my 5.5" rims. When the 6" are gone, may swap wheels to standard and enter C1