Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:04
Dibble

I was thinking bout a Mercedes Vito today after seeing a couple in the paddock at Brands, black, AMG wheels and lowered .... oh yes indeedy ....
Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:05
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
But, Dibble, could I get one for the price of a Freelander? I'm not spending any extra dosh on this. I'm keeping the spare cash for a 2nd bike.
Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:08
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth

PS thanks for doing up my trousers the other day

Explain please why one of our BHC personel is being assisted in this way Jon 4D
Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:15
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
I watched the CSS staff ride 10 R6's up onto their truck (much higher than a van I would guess about 4 feet high) it was almost to scary to even watch. let alone do !!

You can get wide ramps where you could ride up and put your feet down. I just walk up alongside and use the engine.

You can get long folding ramps that make it easier

Rob
Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:21
Ducati Corse

Ruth, there are many things that i would try, some more daft than others but there is no way i would ever even think about riding a bike up a ramp and into a van. I've seen people push them up after taking a good run at it and it scares me silly! You need to have absolute confidence that your going to make it, you cant stop half way for a breather or if the wheel wanders off the ramp. Now my trailer is a piece of cake to load and unload. I can easily do it on own. When i weigh up all the disadvantages of a van verses a car and trailer then the car and trailer wins every time.

Having said all that, if Nelly is reading this then can I hire your van off you matey?
Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:24
500SD

Mood: happy
Because I use a Van every day for work, I know the short comings and the advantages of Vaning.Personaly I would have a car any day.buy another car with a trailer.
Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:29
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
Quote:
Originally posted by rockhopper
Ruth, there are many things that i would try, some more daft than others but there is no way i would ever even think about riding a bike up a ramp and into a van. I've seen people push them up after taking a good run at it and it scares me silly! You need to have absolute confidence that your going to make it, you cant stop half way for a breather or if the wheel wanders off the ramp. Now my trailer is a piece of cake to load and unload. I can easily do it on own. When i weigh up all the disadvantages of a van verses a car and trailer then the car and trailer wins every time.

Having said all that, if Nelly is reading this then can I hire your van off you matey?

Rockhopper, what trailer are you using as most seem to be quite difficult to load single handed.
Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:29
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Marko, Rockhopper, I have a trailer. I don't want to use it.

I'm excited about owning a van. It just seems so practical. And luxury if the dog and I go away anywhere together. There'll be room for the dog and a bike in the back. And a tent. Yes, I'm even thinking I'll do camping!

It must be the effect of living in Hemel Hempstead. And I've only been here a couple of weeks!
Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:42
500SD

Mood: DOH!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon
Quote:
Originally posted by desmojen

Personally I'd steer clear of transits and the like as they are very poor quality, not a patch on VW and Mercedes, which hold their money for a reason!

You might think from that I like my van, I do!!

[Edited on 28-3-2005 by desmojen]

I have 1 VW transporter (99) and 2 transits.(02)

The trannies have been no trouble what so ever. The VW is a pain in the a$$. It going for yet another trannie.

Yeah, my last one was a pain in the tits as well, cost us a fortune! However, they drive so much nicer than transits, even the new ones, and they are faster too!
Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:44
500SD

Mood: DOH!
As for loading Ruth, drive it up the ramp by all means, but don't be sitting on it!
Stand next to it and use the engine to pull the weight of it up the ramp. Personally I prefer to have a second set of hands and just push it in.

If you do decide to try driving it in, make sure someone is videoing it!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit