Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 06-Jul-2004, 22:20
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Redruth, I cannot emphasise strongly enough that Mort knows his stuff. Listen to his advice, you know it makes sense.

And welcome to DSC!
Old 06-Jul-2004, 22:23
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! LET'S TALK ABOUT CHICKEN STRIPS!!!
WHO WANTS A PHOTO?????

Old 06-Jul-2004, 22:30
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
OK. Overwhelmed with technical (???) input. Nbs 996. Don't ever take me seriously. At your peril, if you do! 'blue' smurf turns red, right? CK and AK 996 S (pos SPS not sure - have to check registration doc). Paulmort - hesitate to get my knee down (a) no sliders (b) natural inclination to keep knees together. And Hi Loz. Was regretting not trying to get to Lincs (wotever that was) but this good so, in spite of fact will be ****ing with rain for next 2 days and prob. won't ride, cheers. Amusing soiree.
Old 06-Jul-2004, 22:37
Ducati in my Blood

I don't take anything seriously ruth... except shedding 60% of me sprocket nuts on the motorway

As for the smurf - I wouldn't know, I don't admit to strangling my smurf!
Old 06-Jul-2004, 22:42
Ducati Meccanica

Ok. Now you have my attention. What are 'sprocket nuts'? I know what chain and sprockets are. 180 quid, fitted. But nuts? So far, have been unable to glean a single useful expression from 'discussion'. Bhp - know it exists but don't understand it. Don't get me wrong. I AM NOT A THICKO! Law degree etc. But maths and machinery (in spite of fact was IFA for 16 years) passes me by!
Old 06-Jul-2004, 22:42
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Well CK! REALLY!

Never discuss chicken strips with a woman, you'll just get a slap cos she thinks you're calling her a chicken and wanting her to strip! :P

Dont mention BHP to a woman, it was bad enough when they just had PMT! Now its PMS! So if we REALLY ARE working backwards through the alphabet can you imagine how bad it'll be each month with BHP

Be wary of women talking about lean angles cos they're really talking about getting you to lose MORE weight and only look at your food from the lean angle!
It's not until it's TOO LATE that you realise it's a big SET UP!

And I used to be so quiet and unassuming before I so innocently wanderd onto the UKMOC website
Old 06-Jul-2004, 22:43
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally posted by NBs996
I don't take anything seriously ruth... except shedding 60% of me sprocket nuts on the motorway

Hay - just as long as its yer sprocket ones

CK is spot on - power/bravery/bragging....the only way to a mans heart
Old 06-Jul-2004, 22:52
Ducati in my Blood

Sprocket nuts....

some of the posher ones among us have quick release rear sprockets, I have a Talon (brand name) one. Basically, they come in two pieces - the carrier which bolts onto the hub (the bit that spins round with the back wheel), and then the outer ring with the teeth on that the chain goes round.

This outer ring can be taken off and swapped with one of a different size to change the gear ratio (changes the number of times the back wheel spins in relation to the engine), and is held on by five little bolts. Take the bolts off and the sprocket ring will just fall off..... hence me being a bit serious about three of them coming out on their own on the motorway!

Would post a piccie of it but I'm so technically inept that I've yet to work out how to charge my camera battery!!

edited.... found some batteries, but now the tv won't change channel !!

Gold bit separates from the grey bit, and is held on by the 5 SMALLER bolts. Easier with photie I hope!

[Edited on 6-7-2004 by NBs996]
Old 06-Jul-2004, 22:55
Ducati Meccanica

OK. Think we've established here that NO SENSIBLE OUTCOME from this. Time will tell, but, first impressions? Best I don't attempt to delve into the technical. So, I have a RED bike, a 996, Personalised number plate that says R900 UTH, with the R dropped down to read 'Ruth' . illegal, possibly, hope no police officers logged on, flutter eyelashes and say 'sorry officer, won't happen again'. 9 times so far. For god sake, it's regulation size lettering. Just a bit of imaginative lay out. What's wrong with that?
Old 06-Jul-2004, 22:57
Ducati in my Blood

Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth
OK. Think we've established here that NO SENSIBLE OUTCOME from this.

You MUST be new!!!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit