Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Jul-2005, 10:49
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
[align=center]

[/align]
Old 14-Jul-2005, 10:58
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
Simple yes from me
Old 14-Jul-2005, 11:41
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
[align=center]

[/align]

Antonye, where the dickens did you get that "film"? It absolutely, completely and utterly sums-up this thread!!!!

Anyhow...taking an "average" of the above posts, the whole business looks like receiving a resounding, well..."maybe" at best, or "over my dead body" at worst from the racers. I can't see where Chris has interpreted all this chitter/chatter as "a goer" (Sorry Chris!), and indeed as someone who is reeling at the cost of competing thus far (the crash at Snetterton didn't help, I know) I would plead with the organizers not to go abroad for a points-scoring round, or to blinkin' Knockhill for that matter....eeeeuuughhh!

As for a "best of, say six out of seven" rounds...I don't know of any other race series organized on that basis. I thought racing was all about consistency and all that, encouraging actually finishing races.

Andy #99

Old 14-Jul-2005, 11:48
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by Andy#99
As for a "best of, say six out of seven" rounds...I don't know of any other race series organized on that basis. I thought racing was all about consistency and all that, encouraging actually finishing races.

Andy #99

The Bemsee nationwide is based on that method. They have 18 rounds based on 9 weekends of racing and your best 16 count towards the championship. They are the series that have a round in France.
Old 14-Jul-2005, 11:51
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet

Andy #99

gets my vote ..all rounds counts..........
Old 14-Jul-2005, 11:56
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
seeing as we are going off on another tangent................

i actually like the idea of best 7 out of 8.

i missed one this year due to a holiday and i just think it gives a bit of leeway for people that may have other committments too.
Old 14-Jul-2005, 12:05
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati

i missed one this year due to a holiday and i just think it gives a bit of leeway for people that may have other committments too.

what happens if you attend 8 meeting and get a DNF due to crash or engine issue's in 1 meet...can you drop that result..??
Old 14-Jul-2005, 12:18
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by fil2
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati

what happens if you attend 8 meeting and get a DNF due to crash or engine issue's in 1 meet...can you drop that result..??

i guess so.

i see what you are saying that it doesnt reward consistency.

maybe if dates are sorted out early enough as they look like they will be it wont be an issue
Old 14-Jul-2005, 13:10
Mille

. [/quote]

The Bemsee nationwide is based on that method. They have 18 rounds based on 9 weekends of racing and your best 16 count towards the championship. They are the series that have a round in France. [/quote]

Okay, okay, I knew there'd be a smart-a#se out there to prove me wrong...thats what comes of talking out of your back-side....so, I stand corrected! Anyway...looks like I've opened a complete new can of worms...see what you've gone and done now Chris?????

...and...I'll stand on what I said, and fil concurred with...ALL rounds must count...unless, that is, there's a foreign round and I decide not to attend....OH GAWD...its a bleedin' NIGHTMARE!

I'm signing off the subject now and sitting back to watch the exchange of ammo!

Andy #99
Old 14-Jul-2005, 13:11
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
The idea of say 6 out of 7 results counting goes back years and I think was even in F1 until the early 60s.

This situation is realy aimed at hefact that you can have a DNF and your season is finished. I our case it would allow someone to be on holiday or have to do something with the family and still bein with a chance of going for a pot at the end of the year.

Remember at present it is an idea and not a definate