Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Jul-2005, 13:43
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Jools - well said - sums up my feelings entirely.

I have total respect for everyone out there doing DD, but it's not the be all and end all of the DSC.

I've had a bad year this year with work commitments and such like and haven't made a single BHC rideout, some because I was away and some because they were rideouts to DD events which took an entire day. Not being funny, but my idea of a rideout is blat breakie, blat, lunch, blat etc... not necessarily riding to a circuit just to watch others have a good time.

On the points system, I think it's a good idea, F1 did indeed use it up until the late 80s, think they did best 11 from 16 at that time. The only problem I can recall was that it was possible (and did happen) that a competitor could rack up the most points and still lose the championship...

Cheers
Martin
Old 14-Jul-2005, 16:41
Mille

[quote][i]

blah blah blah "but it's not the be all and end all of the DSC".

YES IT IS!!!!

Me thinks I'll duck NOW!

Andy #99
Old 14-Jul-2005, 17:56
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
In the R6 cup it is also possible for the riders to drop their worse two results, be it DNF's of DNS's
And that s a fairly high profile race series.
As such I would find that perfectly acceptable.

Thanfully I can report that I do not feel that any other DSC'ers treat me any differently to before due to my participation in Desmo Due.

I was actually racing a Ducati before I joined the DSC, after a couple of years of racing my 916 the extra costs led to a drop off in my entries and the overdraft to grow.
DD as provided me with a affordable series on a relatively cheap bike which has allowed me to carry on enjoying my racing and with a greater level of support from specators than I had for most of my years of club racing, the noteable exceptions being the race meeting at Castle Combe where members of the Hants, Oxon & Berks and Glos regions turned up in numbers.
Long may it continue and I hope others get a chance to appreciate what it has to offer those that want to race, no matter wher its held. Me i'll even race on airfield circuits if it means I'm getting to race. All paid for out of my own pocket with ne rewards expected other than huge dollops of enjoyment.

Kev
Old 14-Jul-2005, 22:19
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBushell
This situation is realy aimed at hefact that you can have a DNF and your season is finished.

...or a DNF a DNS and a DSQ!!

I have the full set

Can we add some more rounds to this season? Just for me to enter so I can make up some ground?

Old 14-Jul-2005, 22:37
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Foreign race

I hope it works out affordable for me too cos if there isn't as full a grid as most other rounds cos other bods cant afford it then I'll be able to come last AND score more points than I will I have done all season
Old 15-Jul-2005, 00:07
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
wow, this makes for some reading.

Couple of things, - this is just a message board, - although in saying that it is great to see the passion and commitment to this going around a track thing.

Andy#99 mate - you are in up to your neck in this message board thing now who would of thought it?

There is an issue that the DD has taken up an enormous amount of time and effort, - but I guess if we are truly honest this is a learning year for all of us so we should have expected it. I greatly admire Chris, Monty and Michael for their persistence and doggedness to stick at it and keep coming up with ideas.

Please everybody remember that (to my knowledge) this is race series is unique in allowing or even asking for so much rider participation. Ask for 10 opinions and you could invite 10 different ones. I guess we all have to accept majority rule or do we go to just dishing out what we think is best? I hope and do not see why it should ever get to that.

This message board is also a double edged sword in that it is great for the "club spirit" but at times it appears to pull people apart.

The club cannot divide because of DD, - and DD riders perhaps have a duty (wrong word but you get my meaning) to keep themselves involved with other areas of the club, - I also think we as a club need to make an effort to involve those members who have joined becuase of DD, - we are far more than just the race series

The best thing about this club; Club spirit. What is club spirit? Sharing an enjoyment for something Ducati related and helping each other. We are a community, we do not have to agree on everything, - actually I think we should all disagree from time to time, - but the key to a community working is what gets put in, not what gets taken out. Keep coming up with the ideas, but be prepared to put in a bit of effort yourself if you want one of your ideas to come to anything. And perhaps remember that we are an evolving community, we should never stand still, and we should never pull up the draw bridge, - we should always encourage member input, - but the MT always has to be mindful of the silent majority and the clubs responsibility to them.
Old 15-Jul-2005, 02:13
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian
- and DD riders perhaps have a duty (wrong word but you get my meaning) to keep themselves involved with other areas of the club, -

I might try that some time
Old 15-Jul-2005, 02:45
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian
- and DD riders perhaps have a duty (wrong word but you get my meaning) to keep themselves involved with other areas of the club, -

I might try that some time

Me to
Old 15-Jul-2005, 22:41
500SD

Mood: On top of the world
Jools - well put in your (book length!) post - took all the words out of my mouth and said it better than I ever could.

Antonye - where did you get it then
Old 16-Jul-2005, 11:43
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Ok folks,

I am going to call time on this thread now. I have nearly all of the info that I needed to gather and will be putting an e-mail round the DD entrants on Monday to guage their feelings on the latest cunning plan!

Chris