Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Jul-2006, 00:27

Clutch

Having finaaly got over the electrical problems my 916 has encountered I am now back on the road at least until tonight, the last few times I have been out on the duke it has become harder and harder to change gear (neutral more so) anyway tonight it became real hard downchanging. Anyway after looking at reservoir it appeared to be empty? Anyone help? Took the master cylinder off via 3 allen bolts and cleaned everything but clutch has no compression despite following haynes manual of bleeding
Old 22-Jul-2006, 06:12
Montjuic

Mood: relieved
Clutch

Hi There,

Have you found out where all the clutch fluid went? sounds like either the master cylinder or slave cylinder seals may have given up the ghost. The other thing to do is check the pushrod is fine (i.e. it is well greased, and that the bearing in the pressure plate isnt seized, which would result in the pushrod spinning, which in turn can spin the slave cylinder piston and cause the slave to leak).

Ive just gone through exactly the same problems. The pushrod/bearing was fine, but I needed a new master cylinder and slave piston assembly (Baines Racing were very helpful).