Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Sep-2005, 14:28
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Nattyboy
Quote:
Originally posted by Harv748
That...in a word...is gorgeous.

The more I look at 851/888 models...the more I want one. Definately getting better with age.

Daft question, but it looks mint...does it have any miles on it!?!

Come on Harv..sell that old nail of an SP3 to me, get a proper bike and join the ever growing clan..

Nat

I'd love to sell you my bike Nat...I just don't think you have room for it...:P
Old 27-Sep-2005, 16:50
Ducati Meccanica

only just seen this post , thats is really nice mate, such an awsome piece of kit. too good to use on trackdays though. I'm glad you got yourself sorted, hope you enjoy it, bags first go on it

robin
Old 27-Sep-2005, 21:34
500SD

Mood: Relaxed - don't worry about things you can't change
Monty - this is not John's bike.He sold it for a customer who lives in Oz. John is still rebuilding his !

Motobee - You may be right about the year although you should bear in mind that she has just undergone a substantial restoration. It does in fact have a remote adjuster for the rear shock as can be seen on the attached pic. Where would the tip over switch be ?
Haen't taken delivery yet so don't have the chassis number(if there is one !). The headstock is covered by the carbon airtubes. I am told the bike has been raced at the IOM and the NorthWest 200.

rob41b - Yes

Jools - each of these older bikes is special in its own way. Yours looks a very fine example. The Supermono will not find its way onto the market ....has just been sold to a man who will be keeping it !

Harv - it does have miles on it ....but how many I have no idea.Just had a major rebuild having raced as mentioned above.

Robin - if I don't track it how will I get to ride it ? I have no intention of putting it at risk !
Old 27-Sep-2005, 21:36
500SD

BTW.....I was right on the money with the weight. Nelly has found the parts list and spec for the 1993 model. 148Kg dry....and 128bhp at the rear wheel !
Old 27-Sep-2005, 21:45
Ducati Corse

I have the parts list on cd-rom if you want it.Same as Nelly's('cos i did it for him!)
Old 27-Sep-2005, 21:47
500SD

Thanks Jasper...but I already have a copy from Nelly.
Old 27-Sep-2005, 21:57
Ducati Corse

ok
Old 28-Sep-2005, 09:07
Montjuic

logyk,
The bike doesn't have a remote hydraulic preload adjuster. What you are seeing is the compression damping adjuster on the remote reservoir. Check out the attached photo to see what an Ohlins with a remote hydraulic preload adjuster looks like: It's the small gold aluminum body with the large black knob.

The tip over switch is a small black cylinder with an eletrical cable coming off of it. It clips into a bracket that is mounted to the right side of the frame just above the rear engine mounting bolt.

If you look down inside the right carbon airtube from the front of the bike with a flashlight, you will be able to see the frame number that is stamped into the headstock tube.

The number will give a us a better idea of when the bike was made.

Brian
Old 28-Sep-2005, 09:15
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
That looks very like the shock on my ST4S Brian-are you telling me it's a 888 in disguise???

Logyk-I have a space for you at Brands to try her out if you want-it would be worth letting you on for free just so everyone can drool when you fire her up............

John
Old 28-Sep-2005, 14:26
500SD

Unfortunately John I won't be able to do Brands.....firstly cos of work committments but primarily cos I won't have taken delivery by then !

Hope to get the bike in about 2 weeks time