Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 25-May-2006, 20:12
Mille

Mood: I've bought a 900SL!
Quote:
Originally posted by desmobob
they've been damaged by selling the lower specification 749 and 999 models. This will result in them regaining their status by selling only 'high end' machinery such as the Moto GP replica model.

[Edited on 25-5-2006 by desmobob]

The low end models the ducati blurb refferred to wasnt the normal superbike range it was the dark models (no 999 dark) and low end monster/(potentially multistrada) bikes. The strategy was to get the superbike range selling and add an upper layer motogp replica. The V-Twin superbike will continue to evolve as it always has since the 1st 851. If you could afford a superbike now then I suspect its not going to be much different and it will be perhaps more affordable over the next couple of years.
Incidently, not that I'm saying there cheap but I think the Biposto model of each full capacity superbike range (851-888,916-998,999 over the years) has never been cheaper and its not just relative its price on the shop floor. In fact I'm paying less now for a new un than I did for a 916! wayback when and that wasnt quite new!!!! Bargin!! :P
The grass is always greener and becareful what u wish for and all that