Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Oct-2009, 16:04
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by injected
I just added up the season's total race times, and including the Allcomers races that works out at £10 per minute of racing!

So those of us who don't set lap records every round actually get more race time per £ ?!

But those who get lapped get less?

I justify my racing to the internal auditor as a means to save money.

My son's Child Trust Fund has decreased in value despite putting all of his birthday gift money in for 3 years, while I've spent a fortune racing and still have the same bike, so therefore in future I will plough all his money into my bike!
You know it works.

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 08-Oct-2009, 16:44
500SD
Bikes: 899

Mood: Optomistic
Great thread Kev/guys, I have always looked and thought perhaps one day.......but this does put it in perspective in the current cash strapped times. I think the main thing though is the comradery and just doing it must be priceless. A day out in London, including say Tussauds, meal, bus tour etc for a family of four is several hundred £s and I know which I would enjoy the most I hope it all goes to plan for you all next year.

Kim
Old 11-Oct-2009, 18:09
Big Twin
Bikes: Monster 620ie, 916Bip, Suzuki Gs500 And a Ridgeback but I have to pedal that one

Mood: Scared!
new 1198s

I'd rather have a years racing (and about 10k change) those poor soles who waste their money on a new road bike, I've seen the light!

I've had more fun on my £1500 ducati than any other bike (motorbike!) i've ever had.

Matt #72
Old 11-Oct-2009, 19:54
will

Ok, here's my 'racing on a shoestring' budget....

Entries £1480 approx. (all rounds except for the last cadwell)
5 test days £475
Bike fuel £150
Fuel for the discovery £500
B & B at 4 rounds £240
2 sets of tyres £320
Trailer hire £300
Repairs £30 ( some glass fibre and a couple of cans of paint)
A few oil changes £60 appx.

So, around £3555 plus licence, membership costs etc.

I did have an engine rebuild and general going over of the bike by baines at the start of the year though... that cost £1300.
Old 11-Oct-2009, 22:23
Bikes: Suzuki gsxr600 and yamaha fzr1000 exup

Mood: Moody...lol
Sponsorship

Quality thread!!! I was looking into sponsoring a rider in next years championship this will give me a good idea of what it's gunna cost.
Old 11-Oct-2009, 22:58
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Did I tell you what a good looking chap you are lol

Craig
Old 12-Oct-2009, 12:08
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
Quote:
Originally Posted by gforce-images.com
Quality thread!!! I was looking into sponsoring a rider in next years championship this will give me a good idea of what it's gunna cost.

Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me

I think you're an amazing photographer as well as handsome! lol.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50
Old 12-Oct-2009, 15:30

sponsorship

I dont belive the amazing photographer line!! But your spot on with the handsome...lol I'll be approaching riders around christmas time or just after so anyone is interested send me your email to gforce-images@live.co.uk and i'll take it from there. I'm happy to chip in for more than one rider, I was going to race myself but i broke my back in a bike accident a couple of years ago and docs said i should'nt race, But i still wanna be around racing and this seems the best option.
Old 12-Oct-2009, 15:50
Big Twin

Mood: If you ain't first, you're last!
Rick,

If you want my opinion on who is deserving of sponsorship (as long as you don't turn out to be one of those people that gives £50 then expects to be treated like a God/WSB team owner, because they're a pain in the backside) then it is as follows.

Class A:

Craig Fisher. You'll always have fun, be made welcome and I believe he will improve dramatically next year. Top bloke in the paddock..also thinks you're handsome. Result.

Class B: Dean Russell. Big tryer, lots of potential, should go well next year. Always gives it everything. Will maybe need a bigger budget due to crashing lots. LOL!

There are others, but those 2 kept sticking out for me above others this year.

Tom Parkes is deserving as well...and probably needs a new fairing! lOL!
Old 12-Oct-2009, 16:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otei
Rick,

If you want my opinion on who is deserving of sponsorship (as long as you don't turn out to be one of those people that gives £50 then expects to be treated like a God/WSB team owner, because they're a pain in the backside) then it is as follows.

Class A:

Craig Fisher. You'll always have fun, be made welcome and I believe he will improve dramatically next year. Top bloke in the paddock..also thinks you're handsome. Result.

Class B: Dean Russell. Big tryer, lots of potential, should go well next year. Always gives it everything. Will maybe need a bigger budget due to crashing lots. LOL!

There are others, but those 2 kept sticking out for me above others this year.

Tom Parkes is deserving as well...and probably needs a new fairing! lOL!

I'm friends with Dean on facebook and was going to ask him, Craig is also someone i'd be happy to throw a few quid into. I'm definatley not someone who will throw £50 in and expect god like treatment.. I'm happy to go to £60 for the god like treatment...lol

I'd be happy just being part of the team. I'd leave all decisions to the team all i want is my webite on the side of the bikes. I'll be happy to stump up a good bit towards costs, Tyres n fuel that sort of thing. Thats something i'll have to chat with them about. Its the first time i've ever done anything like this so any advice would be greatfully received.

Cheers bud!!