Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 30-Jan-2005, 23:37
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
916 tank bags

Well off to spain in may for 8 days riding back through france. Taking the 916 by the looks of it and wonder if anyone can reccomend what stuff to buy (apart from a another bike)
looking at the bagalux tank bag with cover for the 916 tank (anyone selling one in red ?)
and maybe the oxford soft luggage for the rear with the BP seat unit fitted.
also will be getting some gilles adjustable clipons hopefully to lift the front by about an inch or so and not quite have the bars pointing down so much. this should help make it comfy. i find the seat and pegs no problem, just the bars and my wrists and neck angle
well its either that or use the NC30
Cheers in advance.
Old 31-Jan-2005, 00:27
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Ventura every time!

There are two parts - a frame and a rack. The frame bolts under the seat which then carries the rack. The rack is designed to take the specially fitting bag. The bag slides over the rack (the sticky-up bit which is like a back rest) and clips underneath, so it doesn't go anywhere and is easily put on and taken off.

When you get to your destination you can simply take the bag off and the rack too, leaving the hardly noticeable frame.

I've toured in France loads of times and wouldn't go without one now. They're not cheap (about 80 quid for the frame and rack and 100 for the bag) but it saves so much time and effort with bungy cords and scratchy tank bags.
Old 31-Jan-2005, 00:31
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Can't help with the bag advice, but sounds like great fun - enjoy!
Old 31-Jan-2005, 00:47
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Ventura stuff is ace, all you need, the other option is a Baglux tank bag and harnessbut this is not as good IMHO.

Helibars work a treat for improving the comfort, as you're local you can try them fitted to mine if you want, and have a look at the luggage.

[Edited on 31-1-2005 by BDG]
Old 31-Jan-2005, 02:22
Big Twin

Mood: Not so broke any more !!!!!!!!
Ventura stuff is the way to go , never looked back since getting mine
Old 31-Jan-2005, 19:06
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Hi paul

Go on the Apriilia

no seriously Jhp have got some great H/bar risers in stock!

Then get your ruck sack on ya back and ride WIMP

spk soon mate
Old 31-Jan-2005, 21:27
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
we (paid up DSC members) get a great disount on Ventura stuff. Go to the Products/Discounts/Club Regalia button on the top of the homeapge and selectthe Ventura info from the pull down menu.
Old 31-Jan-2005, 22:28
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Paul

I have an oxford adjustable height tank bag if you want to use it. Its only been used twice and yes it is in red (for some reason when i bought i thought my next bike would be a ducati so red would be the best colour...d'oh)

Not certain they are the best method for carrying luggage, but its a good bag and has waterprrof cover etc

Give me a shout if you want to use it and i will drop it off.

ps.. where did you disappear to on Saturday?
Old 31-Jan-2005, 22:32
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Thanks all for the advice. and thanks lilly, kind offer which i may just well take you up on please. Not leaving till may so should be alright for a bit.
We buggered off about 30 mins after i saw you last as dave (dangerous dave on crutches) was in pain with his foot and ready for a shot to kill the pain. I guess me standing on it didnt help much either !
Good day up at outlon though wasnt it ? i was talking to the guy on the NC30 who was out there in the fast group with gary watts on his 998 RS02. The little NC wasnt doing to badly compared to some of the other missiles out there at the same time.
Old 31-Jan-2005, 22:39
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Yeah he was going pretty well on that little thing!

didn't quite have the noise impact of the rs though. Having said that it was the older 996rs that got pulled for the noise test not Gary on his bike.

first time on the bike for the guy on the silver rs and on wet tyres and in the cold he was putting in some good times (started at 1.57 and dropped them down to low 1.54).

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit