Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 29-Jul-2006, 18:15

Smile 916 Upgrade Advice Please

Just looking for some advice if you would kind enough to assist?

Being a long term admirer and have recently got round to purchasing one from the Italian fraternity with the desired look, "the usual 916 Biposto - single seat Strada look"...!! I could do with some assistance in my search for the additional ponies required so that I can play with the up to date Jap stuff.

What costs would I be looking at for a 955 or 996 lump or maybe something else depending on the advice that I receive?

I'm not looking to race just the occasional track day and usual road miles etc.

I'd be grateful for any sound advice from you Gents including suspension and other trick mods that you know of?

Big thanks and regards

Mozza
Old 29-Jul-2006, 18:27
Ducati Corse

You're going to be hard pushed to keep up with the latest Jap stuff on power Mozza, you've probably got 106bhp and that's 600cc outputs these days.

Having said that you shouldn't have any trouble keeping up on a trackday if you're in the right group and can ride well. You'll notice the difference on the straights but you'll have them going in and out of the corners. If you deecide that's not enough then there are plenty of good engineers out there who'll tune the 916 for you but it'll cost a fair bit. Swapping the engine will require injectors/cpu/set-up etc.

Probably the best course if you prefer the look of the 916 is part exchange for a 998S - 136 genuine back wheel bhp should keep you in touch with most Jap IL4s

Check out www.sigmaperformance.com for lots of tuning info.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit