Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 30-Mar-2004, 11:33
BSB Star

Indeed, on the whole, this site is very mature!
There's a lot of imformation available from other members which is very informative. varying from Ducatis to Web hosting (thanks Antonye).

The above, i think is a bit of comaradery and friendly banter.......

As always, with this type of open public forum, you get the odd person spoiling. Something about being abig man behind a keyboard.

I'm myself i am fairly new member. And i have been made to feel welcome. Saturday, the only faces i knew were Dibbles and Everton. But, it did not take long to introduce myself, and chat with the many other members in real life.

The week before, at Chelsea, i had to rely on pictures of people to work out 2 members. Antonye and Dibble. I had already met Everton several months before, but we needed to speak before we realised who was who. It was a case, of making myself known. In a short space of time, we were all taking and taking the mick out of all things.

I'm glad i made the effort.

In a short period of time, Dave W (even newer than I) and myself are planning the return of the Dorset region....... Nuff said?
Old 30-Mar-2004, 11:38
GTL

Mood: Moving Up in the world.
Quote:
Originally posted by Doyley
Dibble told me to come here, said it's all good fun, where do most of the postings go on etc???

Pssst, never believe a word Dibble says

Welcome to the board, make mine a large skinnicinno please
Old 30-Mar-2004, 11:55
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Since running the Essex region, I always find it difficult to persuade people to join without first knowing what the club is about, so I always tell people to come along and see what it's all about first.

If you find that you're going to benefit from the club, then pay your money and become a member proper. If you find it's not for you, then you haven't lost anything.

We've all been bitten in the past and have paid money to join clubs then never seen anything back for it, and that's the last thing I would like the DSC to be seen as doing - as it would be ME getting the flack from the region's members!

One recent example (and I hope he doesn't mind!) is Colin - Cols996s - who turned up to our pub night completely out of the blue. As some of the regulars sat there chatting, he did seem a bit bewildered by it all, but got involved and I gave him the "what we do" bit and let him take a membership form "just in case". Colin visited the website and saw some of the stuff that goes on and ended up coming along on the factory visit to Bologna and really enjoyed it, as we all did. I'm pleased to say that Colin joined up "proper" a week later!

Other members join purely for the discounts! Take a look at some of the discounts you can get and you'll see that it's sometimes worth paying the 25 quid to join the club as it can be worth more than that the first time you use the discount.

So stick around and see what you think. If you then want to take it to the next level and join in with the activities then Henners, the membership secretary, will be more than happy to take your money.

Old 30-Mar-2004, 13:32

Mood: tip top and tickety boo.
Flippin eck, this really is rather a nice affair altogether, when is the a Brummy meet thing, does my bike have to be super dooper clean??
Old 30-Mar-2004, 13:42
Dibble

soooper dooper clean ... ha ha ha ha ....

on that basis i wouldnt be allowed out anywhere ...

after one service at ducati London South I couldnt find my bike on the front, turns out they cleaned it free as they were too embaressed to put it out there looking the way it did ....

saying that, did clean her last night ....

scruffiest bikes though belong to Desmondo & DJT .....
Old 30-Mar-2004, 14:16
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
Quote:
Originally posted by Doyley
does my bike have to be super dooper clean??
Yes!!! Only idiots don't keep their bike in mint condition

Welcome aboard Doyley.
Old 30-Mar-2004, 14:30
Bevel Head
Bikes: ST2, 750ss, 350 Forza, W650, CB250RS, 5x Royal Enfields

Mood: Nesun Dorma
Hi Doyley,
Welcome Welcome Welcome.

What part of Brum you from? (it's a biggish place) I lived in Halesowen before I moved South (ish)

How come all these Dukes are appearing in the west Mids since I left, is it something I should know about

Old 30-Mar-2004, 17:42
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
hello chap
ill have a chilled glass of campari and medium white if it's your shout.
Old 30-Mar-2004, 18:14
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Oh! Hello! Mines a Drambuie...
And...see you on a meet sometime!
Lisa

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit