Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 06-Dec-2006, 09:46
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
First Face plant:what bike,which road,who's fault..

To steal VDM's topic title...

After a year of crashing dangerously....when did you pop your crashing cherry?

First crash; summer 1991 - GPX250, main road, daylight, into the back of a car turning right, I was watching two police bikes following me, worried they were going to pull me...nice of them to stop and pick up the pieces...
Old 06-Dec-2006, 09:48
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
1989, FS1E-DX, school playing field. I learnt that brakes and wet grass are not a good combination for upright stability. Damage: Mum clipped me round the ear for grass stains on my trousers.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 06-Dec-2006, 10:02
Big Twin

Mood: www.zeitgeistmovie.com The Truth they dont want you to know.
Same year, 1989, Susuzki 50cc Scrambler (Awful thing) I seemed to spend more time on the floor then on the bike..

Earliest I can remember is coming around a bend, hitting a load of wet leaves and ending up on my arse...

I blew the thing up, bombing down a long straight in a racing crouch, engine seized, back wheel locked, I left it by the road and walked home, that was the last I ever saw of it...
Old 06-Dec-2006, 10:07
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
1978 aged 9. Second day of having the bike (Honda ST 70 monkey bike) my brother decided it would be good for me to fly around the fields in front of our house.

It was actually 2 fields but the split between them was just like a grassy bump. As the day wore on I went faster over the bump and near the end of the day took off into the air and landed on my head!
Old 06-Dec-2006, 10:24
888 at Last !!!

Mood: On the up
2004, managed all that time and then 2 mins from home, not concentrating coming down a hill in South London, if I was doing 4 mph (in traffic) I would be amazed - flicked head to look at girl, looked back, car in front stopped, me tugs brakes and new tyres slip sideways... gutted - £1,500 ( ) the price of a look.
Old 06-Dec-2006, 10:29
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
1967 - Honda 50 icy road
Old 06-Dec-2006, 10:35
Big Twin

1974 - FS1E - A3 near Kingston. Found out I could stop quicker than my mate following me a bit close on his CB125.
Old 06-Dec-2006, 10:36
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Does flipping it doing stand up wheelies on the passenger pegs on my 125 in 1977 count as my fault.
I fell off that bike so many times doing stupid things Its hard to recall the first, though I do suspect the first time I came off it was on Ice at the entry to the Murco filling station in Late 1977, as it didn't hurt I think it taught me a certain disregard for safety and falling off bikes, amazing how a broken thigh, followed by a broken ankle and then a broken back a few years later makes you change your views.

But it was nice being young and stupid once

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 06-Dec-2006, 10:48
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
On a bike: 1976 - Ossa 250 MAR Trials Bike - Sundon Chalk Pits. Flat out in third gear up a very steep (too steep to walk up easily) chalk face. Throttle jammed wide open as I shut off at the top and flicked me into an unexpected jump. Remember looking down at a guy on a Honda TL125 who was waiting to come down the hill before getting pitched off on landing and dislocating my shoulder. Guy on the TL was the only other guy in hundreds of acres of chalk pit and happened to be a paramedic (how lucky was that !!!) who popped my shoulder back in - just bent bars on the bike

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 06-Dec-2006, 10:53
Big Twin

Mood: High as a kite!
April 2000,Dry,3 week old KTM 640,small roundabout and a people carrier driven by a woman more worried about her fighting kids than looking where she was going! And the bitch did'nt stop Luckily only broken clutch lever and instrument binnacle

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit