Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 08-Sep-2006, 12:31
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redruth

I’ll be looking for track fairings and I’ll be looking to get the Duchess tidied up but probably won’t sell her, unless I get an offer I can’t refuse

Nice one Ruth, shame she is not yellow, but never mind, for your track fairing give Dave a ring at http://www.hcracetech.co.uk/, he will do a good paint job on it as well.

Chris.
Old 08-Sep-2006, 12:45
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Martin - hope you're back in the UK soon to join a BHCN rideout. I'll be out on the Duchess on Sunday but hope to take the new one through her paces with the boys later this month. When are you next back from Poland?

I'd also hoped to join Gizmo and Linzi, Lily and JPM on a trip to Scotland this month but their dates clash with the Riders For Health night.

Definitely need to get out and about on her. Anyone got any weekend trips planned later this month that I could tag along with?

What is it about Ducatis that make you not be able to sell them? Managed to ditch 2 husbands, no trouble, but can't bring myself to sell one Ducati. I think I need counselling
Old 08-Sep-2006, 12:47
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
She's being serviced and cleaned up for collection next Thursday. Would love to have taken her away yesterday but the offer of the service, MOT and a clean up was too good to turn down. Also, I have to go there with Joanna next week as she has to bring home the standard exhaust.

I hope you've got a big ride planned for Thursday then!

I hope you enjoy her!
Old 08-Sep-2006, 12:54
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p
Nice one Ruth, shame she is not yellow, but never mind, for your track fairing give Dave a ring at http://www.hcracetech.co.uk/, he will do a good paint job on it as well.

Chris.

There you are, I've just looked at those track fairings and thought 'how gorgeous'. How can I have changed my mind so completely about the 749 look? I'm not buying until the start of next season but thanks for the link Chris. I fancy shiny black for the track, although I still have the problem of needing to ride to track days so I'm not sure that I'll go the whole hog on the fairings, just the side panels and the mono seat unit. I do want a cover for the bip seat straight away though. I'll give Dave a call. Cheers.
Old 08-Sep-2006, 13:09
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse

Quote:
There you are, I've just looked at those track fairings and thought 'how gorgeous'. How can I have changed my mind so completely about the 749 look? I'm not buying until the start of next season but thanks for the link Chris. I fancy shiny black for the track, although I still have the problem of needing to ride to track days so I'm not sure that I'll go the whole hog on the fairings, just the side panels and the mono seat unit. I do want a cover for the bip seat straight away though. I'll give Dave a call. Cheers.

Dave does have a 749 road nose fairing that he still has not made a mould from yet, so if you badger him enough he will sort you a road & track nose fairing, also he can do full black no problem.

Chris.
Old 08-Sep-2006, 13:12
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Congrats Ruth - I'm sorry to say I didnt get chance to catch up with you at Cadwell and yes, I had a ride on the very same 749 as well - just after lunch.

Impressive bike but, I couldnt cope with the stretch to the bars for any length of time, superb trackbike though.

Looks like you and Lisa will be able to start your own riders club soon.

Enjoy.

Frank
Old 08-Sep-2006, 13:18
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.p
Dave does have a 749 road nose fairing that he still has not made a mould from yet, so if you badger him enough he will sort you a road & track nose fairing, also he can do full black no problem.

Chris.

Thanks Chris. Just spoken to him about the mono seat for now and the fairings for next year. The nose cone isn't a problem as he can do a road legal one. So looks like I'll have to find storage space for a full set of track fairings. The fastenings look a bit more tricky than the 996 but it is the kind of fiddling around I enjoy so I'm sure I'll master it with a bit of practice.

I need to get the bike here before I can decide on what cutom paint job I want for the mono seat unit. As with all my purchases, I will do a bit of research but prices look good, I have to say.
Old 08-Sep-2006, 13:22
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Great stuff Ruth another one come over to the "dark side" with a 749/999 Pity you can't make next week we collect our new bikes tomorrow ready for the Scotland trip, ideal for running them in I guess I got my trackday kit (black) from QB carbon prepreg black, I had to do a bit of trimming on the belly pan for the swingarm as their bellypan was taken from an early 999 but that's literally a 10 minute job.So when are we going to see this bike then?
Old 08-Sep-2006, 13:24
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPM
Great stuff Ruth another one come over to the "dark side" with a 749/999 Pity you can't make next week we collect our new bikes tomorrow ready for the Scotland trip, ideal for running them in I guess I got my trackday kit (black) from QB carbon prepreg black, I had to do a bit of trimming on the belly pan for the swingarm as their bellypan was taken from an early 999 but that's literally a 10 minute job.So when are we going to see this bike then?

New bikes?

Do tell!!
Old 08-Sep-2006, 13:29
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse

Quote:
Thanks Chris. Just spoken to him about the mono seat for now and the fairings for next year. The nose cone isn't a problem as he can do a road legal one. So looks like I'll have to find storage space for a full set of track fairings. The fastenings look a bit more tricky than the 996 but it is the kind of fiddling around I enjoy so I'm sure I'll master it with a bit of practice.

I need to get the bike here before I can decide on what cutom paint job I want for the mono seat unit. As with all my purchases, I will do a bit of research but prices look good, I have to say.

You will not find a better price or fitting than that seat unit, it really looks the the dogs doodars, what ever colour you go for.

Chris.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit