Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 25-Nov-2005, 23:16
Mille

Gotta admit . what was putting me of slightly was the crap pics and that is why i asked for better pics but got no reply...

Simon
Old 25-Nov-2005, 23:23
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
The DP ones do come with the air filter mounting, riveted in place.
All the ones I've seen have had an alloy "riv nut" for indicator mounting, although they do fall off. Use a well nut and it'll work just fine.
They may have been re laquered, badly maybe, hence it lifting off?????
Old 25-Nov-2005, 23:28
Big Twin

Thanks Chris, I take your point but he does state twice in the ad they are DP tubes once in the actual heading and once again in the text. It seems to me as if they have had a coat of laquer sprayed on at some time to tart them up a little. I did actually start to fit them but on trying to pick off a small lump of something from the tube the laquer came of! The only way I can describe it is as being similar to a lottery scratchcard that you can scrape of with your fingernail!

I know they were cheap and I can probably sell them on but I think I would be a little more honest with my ad on ebay! The bloke has sold a few Ducati items on ebay and I get the impression that he knows whats what.

I wish I had a geniune pair to hand to compare them to see if mine are as they should be.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have them flatted back and have a clearcoat applied that will not flake off? To be honest the weave is very very similar to the other pieces on the bike and I cannot imagine anyone noticing any difference.

I suppose Buyer beware springs to mind at the moment
Old 25-Nov-2005, 23:37
Big Twin

Thanks Nelly as well! I may take them down to my local painter and see if he can do anything with them.
Old 26-Nov-2005, 00:12
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Martin, I've got clear epoxy resin and carbon mat here which i use to repair carbon hulled sailing skiffs, its hard to get a perfect finish on an outside repair, the way the carbon is laid up means the outer edge ends up with a near perfect finish from the mould, you can't spray on more epoxy. You probably can run a little bit of epoxy in then carefully sand it out using 1200 and 2000 grade wet and dry. I've done this on the scratches on my rear hugger, it ain't perfect but you can hardly see where the scratches were.

Bring it up and I'll take a look at it if you want.
Old 27-Nov-2005, 22:05
Bevel Head

Mood: Horney
Hi there ,

Iv got the dp ones and yes theres a captive nut coverd in bondo holding the nut in place.

The weave of the carbon is continus all the way through and the dp sticker is on the inside of both air tubes.

hopes this helps a little ??
Jamie
Old 28-Nov-2005, 13:33
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Martin

I have attached a piccy of the side of my bike with the pannel off. At the top is one of the Dp carbon air tubes, note that it has a Ducati Performance logo on it, so i would not say for sure if the ones that you have bought are genuine!