Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Nov-2005, 22:50
Big Twin

Removing injectors and...

I have the throttle assembly off my bike and I want to remove the injectors how do I:

a) Unplug the connector/wiring from the actual injector as it appears to be held in place with a little metal clip around the plug itself, and I don't want to force it. It looks like it shouldn't be too difficult, But the only way I can see of unplugging it is to force the metal clip off?

b) and then to remove the actual injector itself, it looks like it is held in place with a metal plate, and some torx type bolts...any idea what size they are???

Thanks for any help
Old 22-Nov-2005, 23:03
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Prise the clip out of the clips and pull it off the injector. It doesn't need any "force", just watch the clip doesn't ping off over the garage

can't recall the torx size, but it's all you need to remove.
The injectors are usually really tight to get out. The o-rings are assembled dry and stick like sticky things, stuck with sticky stuff.......................

IMO, unless you have a sound reason for removing them, i'd leave them alone. As frustration sets in, the body of the injector usually gets broke.....
Old 23-Nov-2005, 10:11
Big Twin

OK...cheers for that Nelly, very helpful as always.

I was going to swap the injectors over as I have read that this is good practice on bikes with twin injectors (such as my SP)...I guess to spread the wear and tear, and whilst they where out give the whole thing a bloody good clean as it looking a bit mucky?

I'll leave them as they are...but will have a go at removing the clips...should make the cleaning bit easier.

Thanks again.

[Edited on 23-11-2005 by Harv748]