Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 12-Nov-2005, 11:31
Mille

carbon airintakes

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...DME:L:RTQ:UK:1

would these fit easily enough with out any mods and whats a fair price to pay for them..running a airbox filter so dont need to fit filters to them...have asked for better pics as well

simon
Old 12-Nov-2005, 16:22
Big Twin

I hope they fit as Ive just won them! I had seen them a couple of days ago (before you posted)
Old 12-Nov-2005, 16:33
Dibble

good price .... take 15 minutes to fit ...
Old 12-Nov-2005, 23:07
Mille

was out all day so missed it ,so you had better post some pics when you fit them ...

Simon
Old 25-Nov-2005, 17:02
Big Twin

Right! these airtubes arrived today, They do not look as good a quality as the rest of the DP carbon on my bike and the weave of the carbon looks slightly different? Also the finish is poor and it looks to me as if some attempt has been made to relaquer them as there are areas that can be easily scratched with a finger nail! There is no DP logo and no captive nut for the indicator mountings? Should they be? If you look at the ad for them on ebay he does say there is no logo but he has also advertised them as DP items and I have the feeling they are not.

Can anyone please advise whether they sound genuine as I dont think they are.

Thanks
Old 25-Nov-2005, 17:25
Mille

Mood: Great
This is what they should look like.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-Perform...cmd ZViewItem
Old 25-Nov-2005, 17:27
Mille

Mood: Great
Or these.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Ducati...c mdZViewItem
Old 25-Nov-2005, 18:49
Big Twin

Yes Ive seen those and dp logo apart they look identical to mine. However what I really need to know is do proper DP ones have a captive nut for the indicators? As the ones I received do not and it would be fiddly to have to somehow reach inside and place a nut on the bolt. I feel these are not proper DP items and am thinking of asking for my money back. Also on the ones I have there are 2 pop rivets on the lower edge near the front that hold in place a small flap inside the tubes which I assume is to hold oe air filter in place? Have genuine dp tubes got these 2 pop rivets?

Anyone with genuine items help! I am going to ask for a refund as I am not happy bought the laquer flaking off, but if I can confirm they are not genuine dp items as well that will help.
Old 25-Nov-2005, 21:46
Mille

Mood: thrash the bitch
A lot of you guys get these items, what extra do you get from the standard tubes, is it just that they look better and are lighter......
Old 25-Nov-2005, 22:12
DSC Club Rep
Ducati Corse
Bikes: Monster 1100 EVO

Mood: I'm A Grandad again :-)
Think you may be on a bit of a sticky wicket, as they are secondhand, quoted vgc, not perfect & he covered his back by saying that he believed them to be Ducati Performance parts.
As to the weave of the carbon, DP have used more than one supplier for it's carbon products, so that would easly count for that. Also it is an auction, so you take your chances, I guess you can ask the guy, but for the price you paid you seem to have got a good deal. You could also put them back up on ebay & maybe make a profit on the sale

Chris