Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:14
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
I don't see how setting the 583's off first would ever be a sensible option.

Can you imagine 15+ 620 riders carving through a field of novices on slow bikes?

You're clearly not well

I agree with you on the first bit.... however are there more novices per 20 in the 583 than there are in 620's ?

i thought on the whole the spread of 'novices' was fairly even... (ignoring peoiple who've upgraded to clubman this season, as of start of this season ?)
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:19
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

It doesn't matter mate, it's bloody dangerous!!!

That's the only reason you need to know.

You cannot have 620's coming through the whole 583 grid - it would be carnage.

Why are you being so stupid?
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:24
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by weeksy2
they can only ask for it if they fill more spaces on the Grid mate... without that, NE are going to tell them to ****** off as they have done most of this season.

In that case given that 583's make up the majority of the entries. I'd suggest dropping 620's. Something is gonna have to give sooner or later unless DD attracts more entries (actually again as an outsider and experienced racer I find the one-day format totally off-putting).

IMO as an outsider who has no political axe or any other axe to grind I reckon that the whole formula/rule set is confusing and complicated for people looking in through the window.

Have one type of bike - either 620's or 583's.
Have eligibility for any licenced racer.
Have two trophies: one for novices. One for non-novices.

Simple.

The class is great for new and novice racers but, whilst it will retain a harcore of followers I think more than a few will move onto other things after a season or two. Correct me if I am wrong but, the 620 class exists for those that stay? Why bother? It's so small. They can just as likely stay on a 583.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:24
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonio600
Priority must go to the class with the more entrants, not with the fastest bikes. It's called democracy.

In France, 217 years ago today, we took possesion of the Le Mans Control tower (or maybe it was La Bastille) and started cutting heads of the 620s owners (or maybe it was the Lords)...

I completely disagree.

Who cares if the 583's have more numbers ... it's not even relevant. The answer is separate grids, but if we can't have that then splitting the grid is the next best solution - not running everyone off at the same time.

This isn't directed at you Tonio ... but lets get serious here. The reason we don't have separate grids is both a shafting from New Era and because we didn't deliver on the number of people that entered. Yes I think the 583 riders get the rough end of the stick but as far as I can see the majority of times you combine two classes on the grid and have a split grid the faster class gets away first. It just makes more sense.

I appreciate that some of you 583 riders have got the hump because you've been short changed, and I agree that you have a valid reason for that. But in simply reversing things are you fixing the problem or just taking it out on the 620 riders.

Fix the problem, don't put a bandaid on that shafts another bunch of riders from the club simply because you have more numbers than them. That's ridiculous.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:26
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
[quote=domski]
Can you imagine 15+ 620 riders carving through a field of novices on slow bikes?
QUOTE]

no I can't imagine it based on oulton any rider outside the top 10 in class A would take 3 to 4 laps to catch anybody in the top 15 of class B
so that hardly constitues 15 riders on 620s going through a field of Class B bikes.
What those 10 riders do constitue is 25% of the grid which if I'm not mistaken is a minority.
and with the field spread out after a couple of laps then surely those on more powerful bikes aren't going to have to much of a problem picking off the odd 583 here and there

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:26
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Where the **** did i say that ? i said you were right you lunatic....

i then asked how many novices were proportionally in each class.

Never once did i say or thing 583's should be first off...

You should read what's written instead of what you make up in your paranoid mind.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:29
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Perhaps too contentious to utter....how about running with a different club? IMO the one day format is a severe hindrance to the entire series. It makes the cost unecessarily high wrt travel costs:race time ratio.

Perhaps the number of entries would increase then?
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:30
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
no I can't imagine it based on oulton any rider outside the top 10 in class A would take 3 to 4 laps to catch anybody in the top 15 of class B
so that hardly constitues 15 riders on 620s going through a field of Class B bikes.
What those 10 riders do constitue is 25% of the grid which if I'm not mistaken is a minority.
and with the field spread out after a couple of laps then surely those on more powerful bikes aren't going to have to much of a problem picking off the odd 583 here and there

And if you apply it the other way around how many 583 riders would come through the 620 grid?
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:31

Mood: 50 bpm...
2 races within a race, different bikes and different riders. Even so, the field splits itself. Whether you are on a 583 or a 620, you qualify about where your ability dictates.

No, it probably isn't perfect, but I think it works.

Also, how many incidents have there been on the first few corners of any DD races? Probably not many. It would be far worse if the faster field started behind the slower field.

And another thing, fair play to those guys (and girls!) on 538s gridding in front of some of the 620s!
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:34
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
will to live lost............

split the grids if we can by getting a delayed start in with cb5's or hornets or what ever class is also low on numbers.....

Failing that..combined grid with a 10 second delay.......

Fastest class being 620 of first

...........Although it would be nice to how the 620 lads fair tring to get passed the faster 583's.......see how that affects the race results....hhehehe

PS

if u dont race in DD you dont have an opionion unless you voice it through a racer now Rack off........;-)