Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:36
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furio
2 races within a race, different bikes and different riders. Even so, the field splits itself. Whether you are on a 583 or a 620, you qualify about where your ability dictates.

No, it probably isn't perfect, but I think it works.

Also, how many incidents have there been on the first few corners of any DD races? Probably not many. It would be far worse if the faster field started behind the slower field.

And another thing, fair play to those guys (and girls!) on 538s gridding in front of some of the 620s!

the ice cream man has it..............it does work and if it continues like this it still will work.....not such a bad thing
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:36
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2

if u dont race in DD you dont have an opionion unless you voice it through a racer now Rack off........;-)

Nopes, won't do it....
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:38
Big Twin

Mood: http://www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
[quote=skidlids]
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
Can you imagine 15+ 620 riders carving through a field of novices on slow bikes?
QUOTE]

no I can't imagine it based on oulton any rider outside the top 10 in class A would take 3 to 4 laps to catch anybody in the top 15 of class B
so that hardly constitues 15 riders on 620s going through a field of Class B bikes.
What those 10 riders do constitue is 25% of the grid which if I'm not mistaken is a minority.
and with the field spread out after a couple of laps then surely those on more powerful bikes aren't going to have to much of a problem picking off the odd 583 here and there

thats the way i would do it,
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:41
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil2
will to live lost............

split the grids if we can by getting a delayed start in with cb5's or hornets or what ever class is also low on numbers.....

Failing that..combined grid with a 10 second delay.......

Fastest class being 620 of first

Agreed, I think that is the most pragmatic solution for all involved.
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:44
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
haveing raced on seperate and mixed grids i havent real had a problem with it yes i know im not running at the back and iv had a few 620 bikes get in my way when iv been chasing people down but im happy to race thats what im here for. i have a massive smile on my face at every round iv left so far i love it.

just looking at BSB you have two races with in a race you have BSB and privaters cup and rides get mixed up there okay not to the same extent we do but

Im real happy with this racing it doesnt cost the earth everyone helps eaxh other out. iv leant so much about racing, i know theres problem with a mixed grid but i think it work at the moment and i for one havent real had a masive problem with it.

lets get some more rides and then we can push new era again
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:48
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
You lot whinge too much Split/seperate grids would be lovely, but it's not going to happen. I'd rather be out with the rest of the DD field than CBs or Hornets, I like being amongst all the smokey Ducatis It's not ideal, but it'll do just fine thanks
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:49
Big Twin

Mood: http://www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Clegg
haveing raced on seperate and mixed grids i havent real had a problem with it yes i know im not running at the back and iv had a few 620 bikes get in my way when iv been chasing people down but im happy to race thats what im here for. i have a massive smile on my face at every round iv left so far i love it.

just looking at BSB you have two races with in a race you have BSB and privaters cup and rides get mixed up there okay not to the same extent we do but

Im real happy with this racing it doesnt cost the earth everyone helps eaxh other out. iv leant so much about racing, i know theres problem with a mixed grid but i think it work at the moment and i for one havent real had a masive problem with it.

well said mate!!
Old 14-Jul-2006, 14:55
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
If the straight line speed is the problem can I suggest NickB is given a weight handicap
Old 14-Jul-2006, 21:21
Big Twin

Mood: Feeling peckish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Clegg

Seconded!
Old 16-Jul-2006, 18:37
500SD

Thirded!