Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 23-Feb-2012, 20:04
Big Twin

2012 Champions, my money's on...

Class A

Andy Challis or Matt Lawson

Class B

Brummy Dave or Paul Pullen

Providing they enter and finish all the races.

but good luck to all as racing can be a funny old thing so you never know what might happen.

Last minute rider may turn up yet.
Old 23-Feb-2012, 22:35
500SD

Class A
Andy Challis or Matt Lawson

Class B
Brummy Dave ended on form or could go to anyone really

Think we will know who's up for it after Brands. Hope we have a good and exciting end to the season.

Mark
Old 23-Feb-2012, 22:45
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
don't write people off if they don't do it at Brands, think some of the new entrants may have a say or two as well
Old 23-Feb-2012, 23:05
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
don't write people off if they don't do it at Brands,

Good advice, Ghost had two non scoring rides at Brands Last year and look where he ended the season

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 23-Feb-2012, 23:15
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I expect Senna to do great at Brands, he likes it there and always goes well. As does Awesome. Larry the Matt may be a little rusty to start with too...altho no dropped rounds means gotta be on it from the off!
Old 24-Feb-2012, 06:37
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
I expect Senna to do great at Brands, he likes it there and always goes well. As does Awesome. Larry the Matt may be a little rusty to start with too...altho no dropped rounds means gotta be on it from the off!

I think the non drop rounds could be the turning point this year. You can't afford to crash but want to win, not an easy combination. I know

If you are lucky enough to win then lap and race records start to raise there head making it even more risky, but it does make for excellent racing.
Old 24-Feb-2012, 08:04
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Good advice, Ghost had two non scoring rides at Brands Last year and look where he ended the season

We knew Ghostie was in with a shout before he turned up at Brands. Theres a few other people that may / may not appear as contenders.

Cant wait
Old 24-Feb-2012, 08:38
Big Twin

I would also expect to see some of last years riders pick up some silverware for the first time and the odd suprise winner.
Old 24-Feb-2012, 14:45
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

I keep going on about this, but dropped rounds barely makes any difference to anything in any year. Last year for example:

Class A: only Andy Challis and Kev E dropped any points, and it made no difference to any positions
Class B: only Alan and Paul P lost any points from dropped races, and the only difference would have been Alan equal on points to Kev P, but Kev would still have placed above Alan on other results, so no change.

The only possible difference it can make is if someone gets so paranoid about not finishing it slows them down... But winning is almost more important than consistency regardless. I managed to finish second with 4 non-starts/finishes just by virtue of the number of wins. Because of the points difference, winning is almost more important than not finishing the odd race (in my opinion).

Oh, and my tips would be Awesome and Brummy Dave. But who really knows until the final checkered flag.
Old 24-Feb-2012, 14:47
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlop0_1
I would also expect to see some of last years riders pick up some silverware for the first time and the odd suprise winner.
Yep. Just look at Hugh/Bradders last year... Plus, the year before their championship years, neither Phil or Matt Larrett had won a race in the previous season (I think).... So anything could happen.