Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
View Poll Results: Will you be racing in DD in 2007
Yes, irrespective of who is running it 21 58.33%
No, cannot be bothered 2 5.56%
Yes, but only if a different RC within the DSC 9 25.00%
Yes, but only if it's not run by the DSC 4 11.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-Oct-2006, 16:49
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
Don't know that I'l be taking part yet, but with the scenario that I will be entering...
I voted the first option.
Don't care who's running it as long as, like the last 2 seasons, I get on the grid and have a race. That's what it's all about to me, and that's what the RC's of these past two seasons have provided, and long may it continue!

So thankyou RC's for giving me the facility to do that.

n

GULP

Thanks Nick !!!

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 17:20
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Can I just echo Nick's comments.

Everything else is just 'stuff' that clouds the enjoyment of the DD race series.

Come Sunday...the bull..... stops.

Is it March yet??
Old 16-Oct-2006, 18:38
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Like Chris I would also like to echo Nick's words

and will add That I will not be doing DD if they only have one full grid as I do not want to occupy a place that should go to those that this series was originally aimed at.
If there had been 25 registering a bit quicker in 2004 I wouldn't have joined the series, but did so to support the series and try to make sure it would happen.
So far it has provided 2 years of excellent racing with the only real niggle been with New Era for changing the format of the Donington meeting after they had cashed my cheque

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 16-Oct-2006, 21:30
Big Twin

Mood: Feeling peckish
I intend to be on the grid irrespective of who's running the show. The rubbish on the forums has little effect on the racing, once you turn up on circuit the show's being run by NE anyway and I've had no problems with the running of it this year personally. As long as the RC sort the rules and circuit calender out that's all I need from them.
Old 16-Oct-2006, 23:01
500SD

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbo16
I intend to be on the grid irrespective of who's running the show. The rubbish on the forums has little effect on the racing, once you turn up on circuit the show's being run by NE anyway and I've had no problems with the running of it this year personally. As long as the RC sort the rules and circuit calender out that's all I need from them.

Well Put Zimbo

Count me in and can't Wait
Old 16-Oct-2006, 23:08
Big Twin

Mood: #65 Double Desmo Due Champion - Class B 2007, Class A 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbo16

I'm with wot he said too /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Andy
Old 17-Oct-2006, 12:53
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
well it generally looks like most people are still hoping to race and the majority have no concern over it beng moved away from current MT or DSC.

It is clear though that there are a number of folks that do want the change and although this is not the majority it's maybe enough to make a difference.

Admittadly this in only a proportion of those racing as many will not be using the forum or have voted, but if it's a representative sample then it could be that nearly 40% will only race if there is a change in one way or another.

I actualy think it may be lower than this in reality as many that are not forum users may not be influenced by the recent 'disputes' but some thought needs to be given as to whether there is enough new blood joining to continue it's growth if nothing changes and that 40% do not race.
Old 17-Oct-2006, 12:55
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily
well it generally looks like most people are still hoping to race and the majority have no concern over it beng moved away from current MT or DSC.

It is clear though that there are a number of folks that do want the change and although this is not the majority it's maybe enough to make a difference.

Admittadly this in only a proportion of those racing as many will not be using the forum or have voted, but if it's a representative sample then it could be that nearly 40% will only race if there is a change in one way or another.

I actualy think it may be lower than this in reality as many that are not forum users may not be influenced by the recent 'disputes' but some thought needs to be given as to whether there is enough new blood joining to continue it's growth if nothing changes and that 40% do not race.

A show of hands was done at the 'meeting' and an overwhelming majority were happy to stay with dsc.
The whole aura of discontent is pretty much an internet only thing that has been blown up out of all proportion. Yes there are a few tweaks needed and yes there are some personality issues but in the big scheme of DD they are minor.
The forum just exaggerates the whole issue.
Old 17-Oct-2006, 13:02
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando
A show of hands was done at the 'meeting' and an overwhelming majority were happy to stay with dsc.
The whole aura of discontent is pretty much an internet only thing that has been blown up out of all proportion. Yes there are a few tweaks needed and yes there are some personality issues but in the big scheme of DD they are minor.
The forum just exaggerates the whole issue.

It certainly seems that way. Not disregarding that some folks certainly have issues they want addressing it seems like with a few basic changes things could be resolved and the racing be the focus of attention again.
Old 17-Oct-2006, 13:11
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I'm not sure how accurate this poll can be considered given that anyone registered as a user on the message board could vote for any option without having been a rider or wanting to enter.