Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 20-Mar-2004, 12:28
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
I have been done for 52 in a 30, I belive you have to do 20mph or more to get a summons mines in april, likely to get 6 points and around £250 fine.

Quotes so far seem to push up insurance about £300 with 6 points.

I was done by one of these new " Saftey Camera Partenship vans" hidden after a corner. Just looked like a biulders van until it was to late, been going round that corner for 6 years before hand, the road is way bigger than 30 zone to everyone does 40 on it.
Old 20-Mar-2004, 14:32
Big Twin

Got done for 66 in a 40. Summon came up after 5 and a half month, sent to court and got fined £180, no points or ban cos conveniently my license is still "european"... I was quite unlucky though because the automatic court appearance starts at 65mph in a 40, like over 100 in a 70... oh well I could have been much faster too...
Old 20-Mar-2004, 16:04
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Frank,

Will send you an email - I've been through all this and more recently mate.

PS. R U at Croft tomorrow for the racing ?....if so we could meet up as I intend to be there if I can get my lift sorted.

Regards, Guy
Old 20-Mar-2004, 17:45
Mille

Mood: Shiney
Just as a bit of advice on this subject, the rumour about calibration that morning etc is just that. the official guide lines actualy state that the equipment used has to have been calibrated recently, this leaves a big grey area as to the defenition of recently, the Courts will accept a weekly check as recently. Be warned.
Old 20-Mar-2004, 21:59
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

Thank you once more for the replies.

I am just going to pay the fine.

I drove along exactly the same road today on my way to work - but paying much more attention to the speed this time. The traffic was actually more dense - (12:30 - lunchtime) and ALL the traffic was moving along at roughly 50mph, yes all along the 40 zone. What an easy hit it could be if the police wanted to.

I noted that I could easily of been doing 50mph at the point the officer said I was and I even parked up in the same place he was parked, and he did have a very good view up the road. The only doubts in my mind are the effect of the high wind and with him picking up the speed of the Audi driver - who I believe I am paying a fine for......he is a lucky chap.

There are some good hints and tips I've seen already on this and the other websites mentioned.....I wonder if its worth collating some of the relavent bike ones and posting the here (or is that incitement !!!) I like the sound of that.

Cheers - and keep one eye on the speedo eh!

Frank

[Edited on 20-3-2004 by Iconic944ss]
Old 20-Mar-2004, 22:59
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Speed guns do not have to calibrated each day, just periodicly.!

Put it down to experience.
I`ve been pulled for excesive noise (with a fully leagal system) and using excesive angles of lean!!!!
Old 21-Mar-2004, 11:31
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
http://www.pepipoo.com/ has loads of excellent advice for the motorist - take a look......

Read these:

ACPO Code of Practice for Operational Use of Enforcement Equipment

They basically state everything a traffic officer is supposed to do prior to and during the use of speed detection equipment whether is be radar, laser, Pro Vida or VASCAR. Everyone would be wise to memorise these so that you can pick up on any 'omissions' before you sign the bit of paper in the back of the patrol car.

In true Sir Robert Mark stylee "I am convinced" that some convictions would not stand up in court (or even get there) as certain procedures have not been followed by the officers prior to them perching themselves by the side of the road.

Forewarned is forearmed as they say....

If you speed and they've done their job, then you're nicked!!!!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit