Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 12-Mar-2005, 14:09
888 at Last !!!

Mood: Hopefull
Frustration

To say I am getting a little frustrated would be a major understatement. I am watching the forum, hearing and seeing how you are all progressing with your bikes. I have been out in Croatia for weeks now. I have a big bore kit, race fairing and a host of other goodies waiting to be fitted to the bike. A long list of things I still need to do and buy and I don’t get back to the UK until the end of this month and that will only be for a couple of days. Then back out to Croatia till 21st of April which gives me little time to do much on the bike and certainly no track time. I can see me running a bog standard 600ss in the first race at this rate. I will also miss the launch on the 19th in London. I am out of touch a little because I have no mail out here but I seem to remember from the AGM that there was going to be a pre-race meeting with the bikes at a circuit some time in April to go over the bikes and kit etc, is that still happening? If so when and where.

Trying not to get too despondent.

[Edited on 12-3-2005 by multi600]
Old 12-Mar-2005, 14:20
Ducati Meccanica

Are you going to be fitting all your goodies yourself ?
If not is there no-one you can leave the bike with to do the stuff for you ?
Or maybe work something out between folk to help out and get your bike sorted before the 21st ?

I'll help if I can I'm work from home so i'm free to do all sorts really.
Old 12-Mar-2005, 14:45
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Quote:
Originally posted by multi600
...I seem to remember from the AGM that there was going to be a pre-race meeting with the bikes at a circuit some time in April to go over the bikes and kit etc, is that still happening? If so when and where.

[Edited on 12-3-2005 by multi600]

Can someone answer this for the guy?

Multi600, I'd suggest, if you get the chance, that you U2U Fordie, Skidlids, NBs996 or Ali, for starters. I'm sure they'll let you know what's going down. As I'm not really involved other than as a spectator, I don't know of anything official going on before the first meeting at the end of April but there's quite a lot of unofficial pre race acitivity. There's a bunch of the DD racers at Brands Indy for Good Friday, for example.

Good Luck
Old 12-Mar-2005, 14:52
Ducati Meccanica

I was under the impression that it's on the 30th April at the Cadwell Meeting the Sat before we race on the Sunday.
Old 12-Mar-2005, 14:54
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
There's no official get together where all riders bring their bikes etc that I'm aware of.

I'm one of those going to Brands Indy but to be honest mate, you'd be better off getting someone to do the work for you if you want to take the grid with the big bore in etc. Brands was just something we organised ourselves and isn't official.

You don't have access to any e-mail at all?
Old 12-Mar-2005, 14:55
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I'm hoping to have a crack at Donington sometime in April as I've never ridden there before. This will also help me shake the bike down as it's still not in one piece either!

Hang in there, I'm sure it will all work out.
Old 12-Mar-2005, 14:59
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix n max
I was under the impression that it's on the 30th April at the Cadwell Meeting the Sat before we race on the Sunday.

There is that as well but I figured seeing as that is the day before the race that Multi meant something else? Perhaps not.

It's a bit late to be finding out your bike isn't prepared though ....
Old 12-Mar-2005, 14:59
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by antonye
I'm hoping to have a crack at Donington sometime in April as I've never ridden there before. This will also help me shake the bike down as it's still not in one piece either!

Not going to make Brands Indy on the 25th then?
Old 12-Mar-2005, 15:00
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix n max

thats all we know too - apart from the launch next Sat, which multi600 has already mentioned.

A few riders have got together to do assorted trackdays, but none are 'official' ones.

Our bike wont be out till Cadwell, as cant afford time/money for trackday before then - nor will the bike be ready in time for them. (pistons not arrived yet....then barrells to be done... )

C

C
Old 12-Mar-2005, 15:08
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally posted by antonye

I'm doing that on 22nd March - then i'm out again at Cadwell on 18th April as i've not ridden there.