Ducati Sporting Club

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 02-Dec-2005, 08:06 PM
HW HW is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,145
Join Date: Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally posted by posiden
Do you really need to fit the ECU for the Termis ?
I was told that the Termi ECU was developed on a track and doesnt go that well on the road.
Im not after the extra power either and was hoping to just fit the pipes and get the CO adjusted so that it runs right.
Ive just bought the filters for 80 from JHP and there like a pair of tights over a wire frame !

If you read up above, I mentioned about adjusting the CO not being enough. A 749 runs VERY lean at higher revs with the Asym Termi and std ECU. It's in "gonna do damage" territory. I saw this when the initial dyno run was done prior to fitting the Power Commander.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-Dec-2005, 08:07 PM
HW HW is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,145
Join Date: Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally posted by HW
Quote:
Originally posted by posiden
Do you really need to fit the ECU for the Termis ?
I was told that the Termi ECU was developed on a track and doesnt go that well on the road.
Im not after the extra power either and was hoping to just fit the pipes and get the CO adjusted so that it runs right.
Ive just bought the filters for 80 from JHP and there like a pair of tights over a wire frame !

If you read up above, I mentioned about adjusting the CO not being enough. A 749 runs VERY lean at higher revs with the Asym Termi and std ECU. It's in "gonna do damage" territory. I saw this when the initial dyno run was done prior to fitting the Power Commander.

Guess you pays your money and takes your choice though. Or takes the risk.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-Dec-2005, 08:16 PM
HW HW is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,145
Join Date: Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally posted by mucka749
i think i read somewhere on an old thread that this was the case,im not even certain which route to go down.im more after the sound of the exhaust foremost and power gains second is there much in it with using either one???ECU or PC111.

Didn't notice this reply for some reason.

I don't know you'll get power gains with the asymetric on the 749. Mine gets 100bhp, just, with the Termi and PC3 (or ECU). Wasn't really any difference I don't think between them. The difference comes in the throttle response with the PC3, and (depending on the map), smoothing out the dips in the curve that you end up with because of the compromises in the ECU. For example, manufacturers have to meet noise regs, and the test is done at 5,500 rpm. As a richer fuel/air mixture lowers the exhaust note, you will find a rich spot at 5,500 rpm to help pass that test. You will also find compromises for emmission regs I guess.

Anyway, that is why I am happy with the PC3. As I said, you pays your money and takes your choice. If you want the pukka ECU then fine, if not bothered then PC3 is a good option. I like it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-Dec-2005, 08:18 PM
mucka749 mucka749 is offline
Registered Forum User
Montjuic
 
Posts: 75
Join Date: Nov 2005
Mood: chilled
hw do you find you now have a smoother ride all the way threw the rev range or still rough (if thats the word you can use) especially below 3000
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-Dec-2005, 08:19 PM
mucka749 mucka749 is offline
Registered Forum User
Montjuic
 
Posts: 75
Join Date: Nov 2005
Mood: chilled
question answered cheers hw
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-Dec-2005, 08:25 PM
HW HW is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,145
Join Date: Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally posted by mucka749
hw do you find you now have a smoother ride all the way threw the rev range or still rough (if thats the word you can use) especially below 3000

My 2003 749s always pretty good at low revs to be honest. I reckoned it would pull fairly smoothly from 2500 rpm up. The Termi gave more low/mid torque, or at least it felts like it. It's so long since I rode a std 749 that I don't really remember. I do remember thinking "wow, this is brilliant" when I first rode it with the Termi after 12 months of std exhaust.

The PC3 gives you better fine throttle response, I reckon.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-Dec-2005, 08:48 PM
khu996's Avatar
khu996 khu996 is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,216
Join Date: Aug 2004
Yep, I'd concur with everything Henry has said. You should really think about getting it set up with a PCIII.

My 749 bip (not an S), made 107bhp on JHPs dyno, with no noticeable dips anywhere in the rev range. Smooth from beginning to end!

Can't really remember what the bike felt like without the Termis, but I'm sure it pulls stronger in the mid range and sounds wicked!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-Dec-2005, 11:22 PM
HW HW is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,145
Join Date: Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally posted by khu996
Yep, I'd concur with everything Henry has said. You should really think about getting it set up with a PCIII.

My 749 bip (not an S), made 107bhp on JHPs dyno, with no noticeable dips anywhere in the rev range. Smooth from beginning to end!

Can't really remember what the bike felt like without the Termis, but I'm sure it pulls stronger in the mid range and sounds wicked!

107?? What year is yours? There was a power boost in 2004 wasn't there?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-Dec-2005, 11:30 PM
bolds bolds is offline
Registered Forum User
GTL
 
Posts: 462
Join Date: Apr 2004
Have you checked the front pipe has had the "cat" cut out of it as that looks like a standard downpipe to me with the bulge for the cat
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-Dec-2005, 11:35 PM
khu996's Avatar
khu996 khu996 is offline
Registered Forum User
Big Twin
 
Posts: 1,216
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally posted by HW

107?? What year is yours? There was a power boost in 2004 wasn't there?

Mine was a 2003 on a 53 plate. I was well chuffed with the result, didnt cost too much for JHP to sort it out either. Well worth the trip to Coventry!
Reply With Quote
Reply
  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Recent Posts - Contact Us - DSC Home - Archive - Top
Powered by vBulletin 3.5.4 - Copyright © 2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. - © Ducati Sporting Club - All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:44 PM.