Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 09-Feb-2005, 09:19
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
what this topic has really brought home to me about demsodue in particular and racing in general is how many different views there are out there about everything from tyres to gearing to bodywork etc.

i am new to this and quite frankly the more people i speak to the more baffled i get regarding pretty much all aspects of it.

i guess there is no right or wrong answer to most of it. it will just come down to everyones own personal riding style and individual set up of bikes etc.

i am sure that the podium places will be made up of varying bikes with varying set ups/gearing etc. as in all racing from motogp down.

for me, im just going to take as much info in as i can from all concerned, try and understand it all and then make my own mind up. i have loads to learn but i think i will be all the better for it come the end of season.

a year getting used to the bike/racing, ready for a serious assault in 2006?

i can but dream.
Old 09-Feb-2005, 09:22
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Steve,

We have been in direct contact with those people who are entered.

We are not going to be carrying out a public debate with people who have no involvement with the series. Additionally any announcements will be made direct to registered entrants, not via the message board.

Thus the meeting on Saturday is a closed one to entrants only and not a general discussion forum.
Old 09-Feb-2005, 09:51
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by dickieducati
what this topic has really brought home to me about demsodue in particular and racing in general is how many different views there are out there about everything from tyres to gearing to bodywork etc.

i am new to this and quite frankly the more people i speak to the more baffled i get regarding pretty much all aspects of it.

i guess there is no right or wrong answer to most of it. it will just come down to everyones own personal riding style and individual set up of bikes etc.

i am sure that the podium places will be made up of varying bikes with varying set ups/gearing etc. as in all racing from motogp down.

for me, im just going to take as much info in as i can from all concerned, try and understand it all and then make my own mind up. i have loads to learn but i think i will be all the better for it come the end of season.

a year getting used to the bike/racing, ready for a serious assault in 2006?

i can but dream.

well put that man.....

Never thought i would say that....LOL

Phil
Old 09-Feb-2005, 11:50
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: 900,900,851,750,750,750, 600,600,450,350,350,250
Seconded !
As someone who _wants_ to take part, but has just spent over 2k to upgrade just my 350 racer to get more fun this coming season ... I think that is exactly the right way to approach this series.
It should be a way of finding out about racing in as low-stress a way as possible.
You can enter a different series next year if you want it to get complicated
Old 09-Feb-2005, 15:52
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBushell
Thus the meeting on Saturday is a closed one to entrants only and not a general discussion forum.

So why the secrecy? I've got no vested interest in the race series, other than having a few buddies racing, but I'd still like to consider myself as an interested party, I'm curious as to what goes into/makes up a racing season, but according to this directive I've got to pay up and be a racer to find out? Who's race series is this? I thought it was being run for the benefit of the club and all it's members, not just an elite few?
Old 09-Feb-2005, 15:58
BSB Star

there's no elite few but i do think its fair enough if the racing comiitee want to tell the participants first and keep something off board for the time being. its done with other things such as trackday booking etc.
Old 09-Feb-2005, 16:11
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
No Dickie mate, I can easily understand not wanting to pre-empt the chance to get everyone together and tell them at the AGM. But why the point of making this meeting for "racers only" when some of us nosey parkers want to hear whats going on too?
Old 09-Feb-2005, 16:16
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
But why the point of making this meeting for "racers only" when some of us nosey parkers want to hear whats going on too?

as they say; the clue's in the question!
Old 09-Feb-2005, 16:16
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Quote:
Quote:

So why the secrecy? I've got no vested interest in the race series, other than having a few buddies racing, but I'd still like to consider myself as an interested party, I'm curious as to what goes into/makes up a racing season, but according to this directive I've got to pay up and be a racer to find out? Who's race series is this? I thought it was being run for the benefit of the club and all it's members, not just an elite few?

What ever is decided will be decided by the people racing which is how it should be-if we throw everything open to the message board there will be 500 different opinions which will affect the 35 people racing-which isn't very democratic is it?
It is Wednesday Pm now, the issue will be decided by the people involved on Saturday which is only 3 days.
If I had been allowed I would have decided the issue 2 months ago myself-but then that wouldn't have been very democratic either would it...........

John
Old 09-Feb-2005, 16:35
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Quote:

Elite on my budget and most in the series...PLEASE.........

Phil