Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 23-Feb-2006, 09:53
Mille

Mood: fair to middlin
Chelsea v Barcelona

Did anyone see the match?

How good are Barcelona, great team and deserved to win.
I am English, and follow any British team against foriegn opposition. But last night is the 1st time I've watched a game that I actually wanted the opposition to score.

Arsenal done brilliant on tuesday at Madrid, and I cheered them on. But last night was different.

In truth, I don't particularly like Chelsea. But enough to see them outclassed against quality team?

Perhaps I'm just jealous of them, or is it something else?

What does anybody else think about this?

And just for the record, I think Del Horno should of be sent off, he had no intention of playing the ball. Just he man.
Old 23-Feb-2006, 09:59
888 at Last !!!

Life long Chelsea fan and Barcelona did not look unbeatable. The chosen one predicted the out come in the paper before it happened. Any other comment will just be biased.

You sound like a Man U fan - bitter.
Old 23-Feb-2006, 10:13
Mille

Mood: fair to middlin
Ziggi,
don't get me wrong. I have a few mates who are season ticket holders at Chelsea, and they are without doubt a superb team, so it's not a bitter thing. But having watched them recently, I'm not so sure.

There was an article in Private eye recently, showing 'the chosen one' slipping money to a man in dark glasses, saying "here's 10 thousand quid, go and find out why nobody likes us"
Old 23-Feb-2006, 10:32
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
never watched it... to answer the question :

how good are Barcelona?

On their day (which is quite often) simply the best side in the world bar none. They have flair and attacking like no other side.

Exceptional.

Obviously from a personal perspective i was more than pleased with the result last night...
Old 23-Feb-2006, 10:37
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
not a fan of chelsea, mourinho talks so much crap it makes me laugh.

on the radio before the game he was say cheating is part of the game and he's happy for his players to try it to get a decision in their favour by diving etc. if they get away with it fine but if they get booked then thats fine too.

then after the game he starts moaning that messi is a cheat, when del horno clearly fouled him.

the blokes priceless. and a to**er.
Old 23-Feb-2006, 16:34
Bevel Head

Mood: C'MON YOU IRONS !
Messi did to chelsea what robben did to the Liverpool keeper a couple of weeks ago,play acting to get an opponent sent off.Tottally the wrong thing to do,but Jose can't go complaining when his own players do the same!
Old 23-Feb-2006, 16:45
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

All footballers are a bunch of losers who can't stand up for more than 5 mins at a time.

Why the hero worship? Not quite risking life and limb by kicking each other in the shin are they.

How refs can be so useless is beyond me, and I've been a referee - a proper one.

Footballers give off the impression that they're all hard men, but if anyone goes near their alice band, they fall doen like they've been shot.

None of them play to their full ability coz they're paid so bloody much, and why should they bust themselves? If you were getting £100,000 a week regardless, would you try 100% every week?

The whole sport is a farce.

They should only pay them if the team win, and then no more than £10,000 a week.

Load of pants.
Old 23-Feb-2006, 16:47
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

I do like Mourinho though, he brings a bit of colour to the game.
Old 23-Feb-2006, 16:51
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Agree with every word Dom said - I can't get into a game that consists of 22 multi-millionaires just poncing around.
Old 23-Feb-2006, 17:08
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by domski

some riders give off the impression that they're all hard men, but if anyone goes near their alice band, they fall doen like they've been shot.

None of them ride to their full ability coz they're paid so bloody much, and why should they bust themselves? If you were getting a free bike regardless, would you try 100% every meeting?

The whole sport is a farce.

They should only pay them if the rider wins, and then no more than £1 a week.

Load of pants.

good points raised there dom.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit