Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 26-Jul-2006, 09:41
Mille

Mood: In danger of scaring myself
Ducati 1200R

Could this be the face of the new 1200R. Spotted this picture on a forum recently and wondered how close to this impression the November unveiling of the 999's successor will be. Anyone have any thoughts on it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 520neuheit07ducati1200r2sm.jpg (37.1 KB, 120 views)
Old 26-Jul-2006, 10:18
GTL

Think it would be a good time to buy a 999 if the new one looks like that!

Looks like any jap model
Old 26-Jul-2006, 11:07
everton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolds

Looks like any jap model

Agreed!!
Old 26-Jul-2006, 11:25
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
dont think so they say its going to have a single swinging arm and look nothing like the desmocedici
Old 26-Jul-2006, 13:01
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I prefer that to 999
Old 26-Jul-2006, 13:55
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
Hmmmm, looks like some sort of Ducati corse photoshoppe jobbe, Suspender travel logger on the front forks and no side stand.

Above waist height it looks good, waist down the lowers look too deep and out of proportion somehow.

It will be pretty funny hearing the 999 owners say it's cr@p and they prefer the "old" bike (the 999) what goes around comes around.

Ray.
Old 26-Jul-2006, 13:58
Mille

Change is as good as a rest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolds

Looks like any jap model

Well no one is suggesting it will definitely, but to be honest having owned two 999s and various 998s, 916s and 748s, anything is an improvement over the current 999. I sold my 999S for a Monster S4RS which whilst not my ideal choice is much more fun than the 999. My favourite bike was my 748SPS. Wish I had never sold it. If they can recapture some of the 916's timeless looks, without necessarily copying old ideas then I for one would trade in the Monster and go back to my more familiar territory of faired sportsbikes.
Old 26-Jul-2006, 14:24
Big Twin

Mood: Not so broke any more !!!!!!!!
Its all to little to late for me , i just traded my 998bp for a new Blade,and whilst its not a Ducati , its a better bike
I owned the 998bp from new and held on for as long a i could , as i did not like the 999 and the 1200 is just to long in coming , bet its 12 grand as well ,you never know if is reasonably priced and has the power to run with the jap litre bikes then maybe
Old 26-Jul-2006, 17:51
Mille

Mood: I've bought a 900SL!
There will always be doubters over new style. The 999 is a worthy holder of ducatis superbike title. IMHO Its far more of a usable tool for a wider range of riders than the 916 series was. I can say that as I owned a 916 for 5 years and now own a 999 (for 3 months so far). The 999 flatters the rider the 916 needed the rider to make th best of it. Personally I now prefer the former as I dont always want to be "on" these days. Also suspension quality from stock has improved dramatically over the years , 999 showas are both controlled and supple over most road surfaces. Could never get to that nirvana on my 916 .
The 999 is also better balanced for pilions (not that I expected it to be) but the missus hated the 916 but was pleasantly suprised by the 999 , bar the butt baking.
Old 28-Jul-2006, 11:27
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainMac
There will always be doubters over new style. The 999 is a worthy holder of ducatis superbike title. IMHO Its far more of a usable tool for a wider range of riders than the 916 series was. I can say that as I owned a 916 for 5 years and now own a 999 (for 3 months so far). The 999 flatters the rider the 916 needed the rider to make th best of it. Personally I now prefer the former as I dont always want to be "on" these days. Also suspension quality from stock has improved dramatically over the years , 999 showas are both controlled and supple over most road surfaces. Could never get to that nirvana on my 916 .
The 999 is also better balanced for pilions (not that I expected it to be) but the missus hated the 916 but was pleasantly suprised by the 999 , bar the butt baking.

My other half had very much the same thoughts when she was pillion on my 999 all round Italy, though she never once complained when we were out on the 998, just at how high she was, so she often used to adopt a racing crouch behind me to avoid the wind blast. Have to say after a few miles I never noticed the change in handling when she was on the bike so praise is due to the bikes for that level of confidence it gave me. I for one am looking forward to the Terblanche free 1200R when it is unveiled in November this year.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit