Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 11-Aug-2006, 19:24
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
so..are you gonna keep flying??

..I for one am happy that I cant afford a holiday abroad this year now....hols in the UK for me!! I'd be sat at an airport or have all my belongings in a platic bag wondering whats gonna happen next...

what next? or is it just to justify the war raging in the homeland of religion...
Old 11-Aug-2006, 19:46
Mille

Shant be letting it stop me, i fly in eleven days and unless the airport tell me different im going.I refuse to let these w a n k e r s dictate my life, im happy to go along with the precations layed out such as no hand luggage and clear bags for my keys, passport and tickets. I know there are people that think that this is a stupid view but its my choice.......we have spoken at lenght about it and are all agreed that we are going...thats me, my wife and my ten year old daughter...ooh, i can hear the gasps now, how could i put my familys life at risk for the sake of a holiday!!? Ive allready taken critisism from friends and family for this choice.
Old 11-Aug-2006, 20:13
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
They won't stop me. Personally I reckon now is probably the safest time of all to fly.
Having said that, my next trip home will probably be just me, my wallet and passport.. phone can stay here, can't be doing with checking bags in..
Old 11-Aug-2006, 20:59
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
I would say flying is safer than staying at home

In 2005, 671 pedestrians were killed in road accidents in Great Britain, this was 21 per cent of all deaths from road accidents,
The total number of deaths in road accidents 3,201 in 2005 the number of fatalities has remained fairly constant over the last ten years.

Just over half (52 per cent) of people killed in road accidents in 2005 were car users. Pedal cyclists and two-wheeled motor vehicle users represented 5 and 18 per cent of those killed respectively. Occupants of buses, coaches, goods and other vehicles accounted for the remaining 4 per cent of road deaths.
Old 11-Aug-2006, 21:12
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
of course I am!!
Old 12-Aug-2006, 03:19
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Not much choice, I fly back from San Francisco tomorrow...........
Old 12-Aug-2006, 11:38
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
We landed back from egypt early hours yesterday morning so didnt have a choice, But it wouldnt stop me anyway.
Old 12-Aug-2006, 12:51
Montjuic

Can't emigrate to Oz without flying, well you can but we will fly.
Old 12-Aug-2006, 15:29
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionicle
I would say flying is safer than staying at home

In 2005, 671 pedestrians were killed in road accidents in Great Britain, this was 21 per cent of all deaths from road accidents,
The total number of deaths in road accidents 3,201 in 2005 the number of fatalities has remained fairly constant over the last ten years.

Just over half (52 per cent) of people killed in road accidents in 2005 were car users. Pedal cyclists and two-wheeled motor vehicle users represented 5 and 18 per cent of those killed respectively. Occupants of buses, coaches, goods and other vehicles accounted for the remaining 4 per cent of road deaths.

how many people fly V travel by means mentioned? deaths per trip/mile is the onkly way to compare.

Glad its not going to affect most, its not the risk that causes me an issue, after all have we forgotten the IRA issues we had for years?? Did it stop visists to London, Brighton etc?? Mine is more gthe added inconvenice - I am an inpatient perosn with better things to do than queue - thats why I woont be floying...until of course liots stop in which case no queues!!
Old 12-Aug-2006, 17:21
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Thumbs down mamby pamby state

I dont fly! why? because i'm scared of flying ! my arms get tired, my eys run,and my landing gear is not what it used to be !!! ask the missus!!
But I do spend a lot of time inbetween the ring trips running my Elite customers to and from Airports around the uk !
I was at Eastmidlands yesterday to pick up a lady from Bergerac,
she told me she was body searched at the France airport !
I was talking to one of the S.W.A.T cops there at Eastmidlands,
I asked him why no one was being searched and he did not have an answer for me!
seems we are to proud in this country or to scared to do our job!

1 stop people
2 ask them where they are going or what they are doing
3 search them
4 if all is ok send them on their way !

simple Init!

Baseball bat's at the ready I say!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit