Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 03-Oct-2006, 21:19
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieducati
have done mugello, catalunya and valencia. all very good for different reasons would do them all again. if i had to choose one probably mugello, the ducati link obviously, great fans, great track and great surrounding counrtyside if you want to make a mini break of it.
Absolute b'stard to get out of tho..........!
Old 03-Oct-2006, 21:59
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
I've done Valencia for WSB, Catalunya for GP this year, but tops for me has to be Brno....

Next years plans revolve around where i may end up working, but if it's still Europe then Mugello for sure, Jerez hopefully, and maybe Valencia again.

Cheers
Martin
Old 03-Oct-2006, 22:02
500SD
Bikes: 999 Mono/1198S

Mood: Messing with diagnostics
If I got the chance, then the Ducati Stand at Mugello. Failing that, I'd do the VIP treatment at Le Mans again.

Those who I normally travel with have asked that I organise a trip to the Sachsenring for next year.
Old 03-Oct-2006, 22:04
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Thanks guys - I reckon I'd like to go to Jerez, only really because I've ridden it, if its relatively easy to get there / back etc - then that might be the one. But its on March 25 2007 - Jerez - probably will clash with DD??? - or Mugello on June 3rd.

Or both!!! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thanks again
Old 03-Oct-2006, 22:18
RCA

Forget these millionaire GP muppets. Loughler, Hutchinson Finnegan, Donald, Martin, etc, these guys are the real deal. You can get a return flight to Ireland from any UK airport for like £20 or the ferry for £60 with a bike, B&B are £15 pppn and the racing is never more the €10 and most cases its free, the crack is brilliant and the girls, well irish, enough said. North West, Kells, Skerries all fantastic this year and the weather was red hot. These guys dice with death and get paid peanuts for what they do, its a shame there is not the kind of support that the GPs get. You are stood 1ft from the road watching 10+ bikes being ringed to death all trying to get round a course/road that is basically 4m wide on a surfice that is no better than your average drive.

It a shame some people have all the money and no imagination. They tell you they have been to the TT, so that counts. It is a fantastic 2 weeks, I've been several times, but it is certainly NOT road racing by any stretch! in fact compared to Irish racing its pretty dull.

Cameron Donald at Skerries hiting the limiter on a stretch of road with a 30 speed limit and a HP at the end, houses both sides and 10 other bikes all trying to get past him, he is not human.

If you fancy it next year, drop me a line, I live in Ireland and have lots of space. Around 10 mates comes over for each meet, it's fantastic.
Old 03-Oct-2006, 22:23
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCA
Forget these millionaire GP muppets. Loughler, Hutchinson Finnegan, Donald, Martin, etc, these guys are the real deal. You can get a return flight to Ireland from any UK airport for like £20 or the ferry for £60 with a bike, B&B are £15 pppn and the racing is never more the €10 and most cases its free, the crack is brilliant and the girls, well irish, enough said. North West, Kells, Skerries all fantastic this year and the weather was red hot. These guys dice with death and get paid peanuts for what they do, its a shame there is not the kind of support that the GPs get. You are stood 1ft from the road watching 10+ bikes being ringed to death all trying to get round a course/road that is basically 4m wide on a surfice that is no better than your average drive.

It a shame some people have all the money and no imagination. They tell you they have been to the TT, so that counts. It is a fantastic 2 weeks, I've been several times, but it is certainly NOT road racing by any stretch! in fact compared to Irish racing its pretty dull.

Cameron Donald at Skerries hiting the limiter on a stretch of road with a 30 speed limit and a HP at the end, houses both sides and 10 other bikes all trying to get past him, he is not human.

If you fancy it next year, drop me a line, I live in Ireland and have lots of space. Around 10 mates comes over for each meet, it's fantastic.

Fair enough, but its the noise of the GP bikes that has got me hooked!!!
Old 03-Oct-2006, 22:24
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Wink Assen

I would be happy to organise a road trip to Assen for anyone who might be Interested!
I already have a great little place to stay with secure parking awesome food and whatever els tickles ya fancy !!!!!
LoL
just let me know

mav
Old 03-Oct-2006, 22:26
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmav
I would be happy to organise a road trip to Assen for anyone who might be Interested!
I already have a great little place to stay with secure parking awesome food and whatever els tickles ya fancy !!!!!
LoL
just let me know

mav

Now you're talking fella - what's involved?
Old 03-Oct-2006, 22:34
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler
Now you're talking fella - what's involved?
Tim
A **** ferry crossing

A Shite Ride

A Great atmosphere

A great party in assen

A perfect guide

Knowledge of where to go,and where not to!!

Great places to eat out
and meet the riders in normal situations IE The Pub!

what els do you need to know tim
Old 03-Oct-2006, 22:35
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmav
Tim
A **** ferry crossing

A Shite Ride

A Great atmosphere

A great party in assen

A perfect guide

Knowledge of where to go,and where not to!!

Great places to eat out
and meet the riders in normal situations IE The Pub!

what els do you need to know tim

What sort of ferry? a **** one

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit