Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 06-Apr-2004, 15:42
500SD

Mood: Not sure
Hi Driller

Why not come along to our Nottingham DSC meet at The Unicorn, Gunthorpe Bridge for a chat, should be a few bikes there if the weather is fine . Two of us have 749's and are more than capable of singing their praises all night over a shandy . I have had 2 CBR6's and now a 749S, no contest really just be aware Ducati ownership is a drug of which there is no cure, I've got 2 now .

Darren

PS I let my brother-in-law have a go on my 749S a couple of weeks ago, 2 days later we were in Italia in Lincoln and he orderd a 749Dark .
E-mail me if your not sure were The Unicorn is

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by 748daz]
Old 06-Apr-2004, 20:36

Feedback

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to my request, i am looking to spend about £8k hence the 749 Dark plus it looks the dogs, i am off to Milton Keynes in the morning to the Ducati dealer to see if i can get a test ride, also to have a look at the different models available, i keep on hearing that electrics are a problem on the Ducati is this correct or just non owners having a pop ? i will keep you all upto date with my progress.Thanks again.. Driller
Old 06-Apr-2004, 21:39
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by 748dazI let my brother-in-law have a go on my 749S a couple of weeks ago, 2 days later we were in Italia in Lincoln and he orderd a 749Dark .

No wonder Tony has got a smile on his face.Marco was up there Friday and done a deal on a new 749.
Driller,get yourself over to Italia Moto Lincoln or Riverside in Northhampton.Both are official dealers and both have demo bikes and a good selection of s/h bikes.
The lads at Italia are always glad to hand out advice for potential new owners.
Old 06-Apr-2004, 21:44
Montjuic

Mood: Work......noooooooo
Originally posted by KeefyB
'No wonder Tony has got a smile on his face.'

What Daz748 isn't mentioning is that his (brother in Law's wife) Sister in Law bought a new Monster 600 at the same time.....lol
Old 06-Apr-2004, 23:21
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
Originally posted by DRILLER
i keep on hearing that electrics are a problem on the Ducati is this correct or just non owners having a pop ?

Biggest myth going about Ducatis!

Ducati had a rough patch in 95/96 as the company was about to go bust before TPG stepped in with a load of cash and sorted everything out.

Quality control is as good as you could expect for hand-built performance machines, and certainly nothing to worry about with the latest bikes.

And yes, you'll notice how it's always non-Ducati owners that say that!
Old 07-Apr-2004, 08:40
500SD

Mood: Not sure
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix68
Originally posted by KeefyB
'No wonder Tony has got a smile on his face.'

What Daz748 isn't mentioning is that his (brother in Law's wife) Sister in Law bought a new Monster 600 at the same time.....lol

And I brought the Monster 600 at the same time

Darren

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit