Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 21-Jun-2011, 21:48
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbyte666
Best I get to some rounds in then if I want to get out of 14th and stop getting calls from drunken racers at night... :-)

DOH

Craig

yep you better had....my missus will soon spend that cash

think it will depend on how Ron gets thru the rest of the season. He needs to start dropping out of the top 4 and Kev/Phil/Alan picking up a few more wins. Reckon it will go to the wire tho...very entertaining all round
Old 21-Jun-2011, 22:06
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
yep you better had....my missus will soon spend that cash

think it will depend on how Ron gets thru the rest of the season. He needs to start dropping out of the top 4 and Kev/Phil/Alan picking up a few more wins. Reckon it will go to the wire tho...very entertaining all round

If I can keep it on the black stuff, I'll be there making everyone work for their places.
Old 21-Jun-2011, 22:26
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
If I can keep it on the black stuff, I'll be there making everyone work for their places.

expect nothing less be nice to spend the rest of the year a little closer to you too, see if I can cope with that extra 'race' craft some of you guys have
Old 21-Jun-2011, 22:55
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
expect nothing less be nice to spend the rest of the year a little closer to you too, see if I can cope with that extra 'race' craft some of you guys have

Lol Racecraft, I don't think so. In the first part of race 2 I had some damn good dices with Hugh, close but safe. Engine has to come out again tho' as I still have an oil leak problem.
Old 21-Jun-2011, 23:19
MotoGP God

Quote:
Lol Racecraft, I don't think so. In the first part of race 2 I had some damn good dices with Hugh, close but safe. Engine has to come out again tho' as I still have an oil leak problem.

I know I saw most of them in both parts!!
Old 21-Jun-2011, 23:25
Mille

Quote:

I hope that oil leak wasn't a result of the grass tracking
Have to tell you that I was filled with dred when I looked back over my shoulder and saw you. I knew it was a case of 'when' not 'if' you would come by. My past experience racing with you at Mallory was that when you went past you kept on going off into the distance!
Old 22-Jun-2011, 14:47
Mille
Bikes: 916SPS and DD #21

Mood: Optimistic
My cracked crankcase is terminal

But on a lighter note I picked up a 1995 600ss bottom engine for £50 on ebay with good crankcases

It has been shipped to Richie at Louigi Moto and I am trying to get my bike down there on Monday (in the middle of moving home & office so no time for me to do anything myself).
Hopefully, the bike will be ready for Pembrey (otherwise I'll have to drop those 2 races).
At least I'd be dropping zilch and not 22pts.

Leading the Championship by 6pts at the mo has made me but it would be a shame to perhaps score the most points in a season and not win cuz of having to drop 22.
The same happened last year.. Completed and scored in every round/race and handed back 12.

Never mind rules are rules and I'm having fun
Old 22-Jun-2011, 16:06
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
At least I'd be dropping zilch and not 22pts.

Leading the Championship by 6pts at the mo has made me but it would be a shame to perhaps score the most points in a season and not win cuz of having to drop 22.
The same happened last year.. Completed and scored in every round/race and handed back 12.

Never mind rules are rules and I'm having fun

I understand totally how frustrating that might be, but I never pay any attention total points as it means nothing. Stop looking at that table and you will start seeing what you have to do to win the champsionship.

Just get your head down and win a race or 2 and the rest will follow no doubt. If I get to a few practice days that is what I shall be doing
Old 22-Jun-2011, 17:24
500SD

Alan,
I think it will hurt the other guys more when they cant start or finish a race! Lot of top runners have already used their drop two rounds!

Rather be in your position than anyone elses at the moment. But that can all change at Pembrey.

You never know whats round the corner.

Mark.
Old 22-Jun-2011, 20:53
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ells
Alan,
I think it will hurt the other guys more when they cant start or finish a race! Lot of top runners have already used their drop two rounds!

Rather be in your position than anyone elses at the moment. But that can all change at Pembrey.

You never know whats round the corner.
Mark.

Big F,off kerbstones at Pembrey.