Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 09-Jul-2006, 16:26
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Ericthered Oulton report

Ericthered Oulton Race report.

In at the deep end again at this round, Oulton parks probably not the best track not to have had a lap of to do this but just stamp on the nerves and hold on the gas, hit the brakes late and see how we go.

Entered in to SV at this one so out for first lap of practise/qualifying 62 bikes F******************* Mental. I try to take it all in but there’s just too much. Nice lake on the left, funny smell is that me? Wall of death hairpin yeha. First chicane cement oil, try lines to miss it. Over blind hill another chicane Oil cement, then S*** that’s a tight right. Nice trees forest even, how fast. Big double apex right and up over the little jump yahoo how fast? Last right still some nice forest and then see if you can stay as close in to the tree as possible on to the start straight. Came in rode through the pits and back out for the DD qualifying Two laps then go for it on lap three, Red flag B*****x only two timed laps 11th. High light riding round the outside of the Fast bikes man on multi at the wall of hairpin. Nice lake.

First race SV

Bike and me get of line like never before, how did that happen? Go in to first turn just behind Ali and get towed along, he starts to make ground as usual but I am aware of a pack of wolves who have become accustomed to being in front of me. Last lap flag I haven’t looked but I know there all there. I ride like a scolded cat. Over the line for the first victory in a race over my team mate.
Sorry Ant. Dog with Two C****s feeling good.

Second Race DD 1

Started to well, Jump start, 5 second penalty and Ant and Andy decide to ride in tandem in front of me. I jump the start and Ant still gets in front how dose he do that. I see Dickie go round the outside and get in front then 99 the Pink Panther. Burger that’s torn it Race long battle coming up. Finally made a pass stick and got away. We seem to keep doing this with the mixed grids. I don’t really like riding in the top Three of the 583 race. I would like to Qualify better and get away in front but not having ridden any tracks before it’s impossible. The racing fantastic but I think it’s interfering with our lap times and results Do you? Ant seams to be able to pass through the 583 but is gaped by the top five qualifiers and ends up running alone. Leaving the next lot of us in amongst it. The lap times of the top five were well out there compared to any of us though so they would all disappear anyway would'nt they, we have what we have I just don't like the thourt of ****ing off the likes of the Pink Panthers race is all.

Third race SV

Just me and Skids and one back marker hornet. Lap times down 209s cruising and trying some different lines really is lovely scenery more like a Sunday blast this one. Last lap board comes out so I line up the hornet and take him in to the second chicane. Tried not to use up to much energy and get in any trouble saving myself for the second DD. Most enjoyable this really is a stunning circuit.

Forth race DD 2

Watch Ant, Fil2 and Fast bikes battle from a safe distance. Gradually closing in on the battle with the close company of a grass tracking demon. I got passed after he gave me another fine display round the last right only to let him back passed out braking myself at the first left at the bottom of the hill. I want races to last twice as long or must qualify better. At this round my top five by the end of the year expectation is a little further away, about 4 seconds away.
Respect to the 2 minuters, Ian top lap, Dom is getting on my nerves now and Tim has made the step up.

Dropped off Ruthie safely back home after collecting her bike from a lovely ante in Wolverhampton (snapped shock Eek) (sore foot Ouch) then on to Ant and Mark. That has to be the ultimate biking experience possible or will that be Donnie.

Note to self, always get a track day before racing on a new track. Best track of all, better than Assen to ride. Best dry result of the year and yesterday I decided to race next year.

O and very tired
Old 09-Jul-2006, 16:30
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered40
Dom is getting on my nerves now

Good
Old 09-Jul-2006, 18:03
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Great report, as usual. Now you need to do those mods to your bike so it's as light as Antonye's. And another year racing will definitely see you at the top of the table.

Signed

A DD and Essex Boy Racers Fan