Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 07-Oct-2004, 16:59
Webteam

rules and regs in Word doc.
Old 07-Oct-2004, 17:08
Webteam

and as a pdf................
Old 07-Oct-2004, 17:12
Webteam

Quote:
Originally posted by Desmondo
buy a bog standard bike and race the fekker. None of this tarting up business, maybe some rearsets for a bit of clearance but that's it.
ummm would n't seem right you riding a bike that looks original and new and clean and tidy and.....maybe thats the difference between tarting up and sluting up??
Ian
Old 07-Oct-2004, 17:19
Webteam

its all gone quiet, everbody reading the small print, getting onto the lawyers and race team managers....maybe not.
Old 07-Oct-2004, 17:30
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Sorry to disapoint you folks, but this will be ACU affiliated, so yes Steve you can get your signatures out playing with the DSC.

Thanks Ian for getting the rules up and I hope people have many happy hours poring overt hem.

Please drop me a mail if you have any questions and i will do my best to get back to everyone over the weekend
Old 07-Oct-2004, 17:44
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
So - how do we obtain an ACU license without having to join one of the other racign clubs, ie, Bemsee, DP etc?
Old 07-Oct-2004, 17:46
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
right I've just read the rules and thats the type of rules I like to go racing with so the feelers have already gone out to try and locate a suitable bike, Now all I have to do is have a word with the powers to be at North Glos and see if they will let me run a Ducati to that spec in the Mini Twins series. Will try and do that Saturday at Silverstone.
Old 07-Oct-2004, 17:48
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
right I've just read the rules and thats the type of rules I like to go racing with so the feelers have already gone out to try and locate a suitable bike, Now all I have to do is have a word with the powers to be at North Glos and see if they will let me run a Ducati to that spec in the Mini Twins series. Will try and do that Saturday at Silverstone.

I'd be interested to see how you get on with that Kev - can you post your findings?
Old 07-Oct-2004, 17:54
MotoGP God

Just one point why the full Department of Transport Licence requirement as under ACU rules a rider that does not hold a full bike licence can obtain a ACU Novice licence that limits them to a bike with a maximum capacity of 600cc.
Some members may be riding restricted 33BHP bikes (or even 350SS) that could well be 600 Monsters or SSs and would be excluded under this rule from entering.
Obviously doesn't apply to myself or most of us in the club, just seemed a strange rule .
Old 07-Oct-2004, 18:00
MotoGP God

Sure will Tony
Luckily I've been a member of North Glos since 1997 and know most of the comittee there. Its good to get the rules this early as it means I can take a few copies along to Silverstone to give to people I know to give them time to discuss it before finalising next years race program.
Currently they run a Sound of Thunder race that includes the Mini Twins at most meetings this means about 15 to 18 SoT bikes and 4 or 5 SV650s, this means at most venues there is at least a futher 12 places or more vacant on the grid not earning them any income.

Kev