Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 09-Jul-2006, 20:39
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
DC racing race report from oulton park

Oulton park class B

After a very successful track day on 4th July and final getting my brakes sorted I had high hopes of a top 3 finish.

Qualifying: Got out at the front so managed to put in one good lap but I know there was so much more in the bike so got a 2:13.7 lap. I was very annoyed that we only did two lap. Any way it was good enough to get the bike 15 place on row four and 5th in class. Kieran Morris and me had a bit of a scrap during them two lap so was real glad to get the better of him for qualifying.

Race one: Got a fantastic start but changed gear too early and got a bit stuck on the apex of the corner but must have been in a good spot as I was passed by Paul Payne and then Kieran Morris but I stayed on his back wheel and we both braked real late into lodge but he seemed not to brake at all and ran off. Then I was passed by Andy Sheppard and Murry Bown in one go at the first corner but held it around the out side and Murry and me got very close side by side down the avenue. This happened lap after lap but then I got passes again by Murry into the first corner and by a 620 and I couldn’t get the run back at Murry so I was a bit annoyed with myself for letting so many people past and being held up by a 620 when I could of got Murry back. At 7th place and lap times down to 2:10 min so not too bad but I wanted more.

Race two: Got an even better start and was in second place just behind Phill as I ran around the out side of turn one as I was on the inside for cascades had to brake early and let past Chris Wood and then Andy Roberts but I was faster than Andy and was planning my move at shell when Andy Sheppard passed me and then Andy very fast he real did carry a lot of speed around the corners. Any way back on Andy wheel just about to put the pass on as I got right on the back wheel at island but a 620 passed me at shell oil and I feel back. Then another 620 but they both passes Andy and I had another chance to catch Andy but last lap flag came out so pushed hard so I could have a go at him into the last corner but Paul Payne put a move on me at druids and shocked me a bit so I let go of the throttle and the bike turned tighter and cut him up. It was a bad move and because I panicked and let go of the throttle I nearly hit him. So I had to defend into the last corner. Got a 5th place my best result to date and a lot happier because I managed to up my lap times up. But again got held up by 620 should have had another place.

Best weekends racing iv had and got some real good points I can feel that that top 3 finish cant be far off roll on Donny.
Old 09-Jul-2006, 20:41
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
well done to phill and the top 3 three some amazing lap times and a real huge well done to Andy Sheppard for top 3 finish in his first race meeting
Old 09-Jul-2006, 21:31
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Well done Dom. All you can do is improve each time. Keep going mate