Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 10-Jul-2006, 11:18
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Skidlids Oulton report

OUCHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that hurt and I can swear its getting worse by the day.
I feel as though somebody has given me a good kicking to my hip, ribs, shoulder blades, upper arms and neck.

Big thanks to Trudi, Roy and Sandra for coming along to the medical centre to check on me after my off in DD timed practice
Thankfully my safety gear did a excellent job although my OGK helmet will now have to go in the bin and needs replacing, luckily I had my spare with me.
My Dainese Techno’s have now suffered their 4th off and are standing up to the task of protecting my fragile frame very well..

My worse results of the year so far finishing 8th in class in race 1 and 7th in class in race 2. at least the lap times continued to improve ending the day with a best just under the 2m 10s mark, which I didn’t think was to bad considering the off and I hadn’t been to Oulton since 1998 and boy have they spoilt knickerbrook by putting a chicane there.

More later
Kev

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 10-Jul-2006, 11:21
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
What happened? Saw the scrape marks across the chicane, didn't look like much fun
Old 10-Jul-2006, 12:03
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grib
What happened? Saw the scrape marks across the chicane, didn't look like much fun

Nice fast entry into chicane, then the realisation that I was about to collect the 620 in front (lapping 9 secs a lap slower) two choices either ram it or try and miss it by putting the anchors on.
Then the laws of physics took over
Amount of lean angle, speed, and adhesion from front tyre contact patch were all Ok until I introduced the braking forces then the equation became unbalanced that resulted in the frontend tucking and throwing me into a heap on the floor. Stayed put for a few seconds as I got my bearings and tried to check I was in a fit state to get up and make a dash for it.
Got myself over to the tyre wall while the marshalls did the same with my bike, then a little while later the session was red flagged, the marshall next to me didn't know where the red flag incident had occured other than it wasn't the marshalls point at the Shell Oils hairpin or the post after his at the crest of the hill.
They insisted I go to the medical centre as I had been staionary in the track for a short while and I had damage to me crash helmet.

Still could have been worse and I will be a 100% for Donny

Old 10-Jul-2006, 12:08
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Still could have been worse and I will be a 100% for Donny

At least you managed to carry on for the day Hope the bike's not too bruised!
Old 10-Jul-2006, 12:13
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Anything i can do mate feel free to shout. If you need any bike prep doing before Donny, let me know and i'll be over... i must owe you about 50 hours labour
Old 10-Jul-2006, 12:14
Big Twin

Mood: DD 2006: 4th Top Rookie. DD 2007: 2nd Class B. DD 2008: 2nd Class B.
well done for getting out there and racing mate
Old 10-Jul-2006, 12:15
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Thumbs up

Glad to hear you're Ok Kev, and the bike was obviously up to the job. I wouldn't be too disappointed at 8th & 7th after that on your first time there in so long! Bloody good to see you bouncing back and getting back out there mate
Old 10-Jul-2006, 12:54
MotoGP God

yep still bouncing well although at the age of 45 I don't seem to bounce as well as I use to, the bike bounces better than I do, the lhs fairing has some lovely war wounds but following the repairs in the pits it went backout and performed faultlessly for the rest of the meeting, only getting held back by its rider who wasn't moving about the bike as much as normal.

Only real work needed for Donny is a new number board on the lhs of the fairing the rest I can live with, need to put another spare clutch lever and footrest peg in the spares box and also a spare helmet.

But I will be treating the bike to a oil, filter and cambelt change prior to Donington and maybe looking at getting some new brackets made for the side of the fairing as I haven't any spares for the one I had to straighten.

must add
also thanks to Senna3 for the lone of the 43T rear sprocket, mine was at home fitted to the rear of my class A bike
and also thanks to Bev for the final cup of tea at the end of the day, I really needed that and thanks to your other half Murray for scaring the cr*p out of me in race one when he tried highsiding in front of me at the point I had just recently crashed and again forced me to use the brake tio avoid hitting him, again the tyre screached in protest but luckily Murry got himself together and moved out of the way allowing me to let the brake off and chase off after him with my heart in my throat.
and thankyou Charlotte for the drugs, i'm sure the journey home would have been less comfortable without them.

Isn't this racing FUN

Old 10-Jul-2006, 20:25
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
sorry to hear that mate....at least you're in one peice and getting it together for Donny!! Will try and make the next one for sure....