Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Jun-2004, 14:44
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
Stock clip-ons

Could someone run out to their pride and joy and measure the depth of the clip-on clamp for me please. I'm fitting a set of SBK forks to my SL and being tight/skint can't afforfd a set of aftermarket bars yet (The Cyclecat ones are the current faves but will have to wait till next month or I'll get crucified....)

I can though get a set of 916 OEM bars cheaply but would prefer to fit them above the yoke. Obviously if the clamp is too deep this'll be out of the question so they'll have to go beneath and my bad back be damned....
Old 23-Jun-2004, 00:46
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
Hi

Its about 4 cm deep from memory but will measure my 748s ones tommorow to be sure.

I would think it should be not to thick to mount above the yoke anyways.
Old 23-Jun-2004, 10:26
GTL

I make it 24mm.
As a matter of interest how did you sort out the triple clamp size issues? I'm thinking about the same swap for my ss. Did you go the Cyclecat (ie nice but pricey) route?
Old 23-Jun-2004, 11:50
500SD

Mood: Must fix Superlight... Must fix Superlight...
Thanks guys. There seem to be two different clamps, one with a single bolt and the other with two. Either way the clamp is probably too deep.....

And yes I bought a funky Cyclecat yoke. A work of art it is too but for the cost it should be. I could have gone with boring out my SL yokes but wasn't comfortable with the idea having seen what lousy metal they're made from. Seems to be fairly common in the States but the idea of them giving out while hard on the brakes at the end of, say, Snettertons main straight puts me off.

I got a good deal on the SBK forks though and should recoup more than their cost when I sell my SS forks. I guess I'll have to abuse the credit card again and splash out for the matching CC bars.... Time to convince the wife they're service items....
Old 23-Jun-2004, 13:52
Big Twin
Bikes: Xdaivel

Mood: Xdiavel..awesome!!
Ah yes mines a 2002 748s so does have 2 bolts holding it on so would be to thick.