Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-Jun-2004, 11:11
500SD
Bikes: CBR 600F2-(Ishikawa), Blade RRS-(Baba San), 996s-(Tambo), 996R-(Tambo), MV f1000 312-Tambo

Mood: I like my bike
Ride Height measurement

Trying to get my bike (996R) back to "standard / factory" ride height and then adjust again after putting new rear sprocket on.

Is there any way to consistently measure the rear ride height without the tool? Or is the only fool proof method with the tool?

If so what should the start measurement be?

(Searched history and found lots of ride height discussion but no method advise).
Old 28-Jun-2004, 11:20
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
On the old notice board I remember putting measurements to the subframe from the wheel nut along with the corresponding measurements for the tool. Don't know where that info is now. I tried accessing the old notice board but it doesn't seem to be available anymore
Old 29-Jun-2004, 10:17
Mille

I made up a ride height tool for a total cost of about £1. Need about 1m length of wood (I used 1in square) and circular hole saw set. Cut out two plugs of the right diameter to fit into your frame (where you may well have the frame plugs fitted) and then make a 'Y' piece with the short arm coming from the lower frame location and the long arm extending out over the axle. You then have a tool equivalent to the £90 OEM item with a fixed point to measure to. If interested I can provide measurements and a picture.
Old 29-Jun-2004, 11:35
Mille

Mood: FIVE!!!!Guess We'll Keep It
Paul,You have u2u

Pete

[Edited on 29-6-2004 by pj748r]