Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 01-Jul-2004, 00:14
Mille

Misfire - help please

I was about to go for a ride on my 916sps today and was playing around with the alarm to get it on service mode which resulted in turning on and off the ign and on about the 4th or 5th tim there was can only be described as a small explosion apart from crapping myself i quickly pushed the bike out of the garage only to find when trying to start it it will only run on the rear cylinder.The plug is ok and getting a spark but it would appear there is no fuel getting to the front cylinder as the plug is dry.The alarm is working correctly so i dont think that's at fault.Whats the views of our technically gifted members
Old 01-Jul-2004, 12:10
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
If you say it looks like fuel, start tracing from the source (tank) through to the end (injectors) to try and find the problem.

How long has it been sitting? Is there any chance that petrol has gummed up somewhere along the line? Is the pump working? Are the hoses connected properly and not kinked or split? Is the breather blocked? Are the injectors blocked? and so on...
Old 01-Jul-2004, 14:27
Mille

I will check these out - thanks - the bike has not been started since a CSS 3 weeks ago when it ran perfectly.
Is it possible the electronic brain has gone haywire?
The pump works and sounds the same as before,its odd although the reason the front cylinder is not firing is no fuel i cant help thinking its a electrical gremlin as a result of me turning the ign switch on and off many times.If i cant fix it Alan @ AJRacing will pick it up and fix it for me.