Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 13-Sep-2005, 14:48
Big Twin

Mood: I've just ordered a new bike and its a ..
A POINT OF LAW

In my area the police are on certain times stopping bikes and when enough have been stopped forcing them to follow a police vehicle at "safe "speeds to the end of that road (A339,A272).
Under which law can they do this,can we refuse,can we just turn around,can we overtake them if we stick to the speed limit???I know that its bad form to bait the boys in blue but enough is enough and if my bike is completly legal why not.Also i know that Pyclist got pulled recently under rather questionable grounds and was given a warning and told that if he was stopped again within a year that his bike will be confiscated.Again what law allows that to happen and is it "may" be or "will" be.

Are we now being treated worse than drug dealers as there ill gotten gains can only be taken after being found Guilty.

The goverment are banding the fact that motorcycle RTC's have reduced,so why are we being sujected to frankly draconian and demeening measures ?
Old 13-Sep-2005, 17:07
500SD

As long as you do not break the speed limit on the given road (or break any other laws) I do not see why you can't overtake. I would!
Old 13-Sep-2005, 19:28
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
got stopped last week, all bikes being pulled in to discuss bike safe initiative, trouble is it makes you late so guess what happens next?? and no way to refuse or its a tooth comb over your pride and joy...in the same area as you are talking about too
Old 13-Sep-2005, 21:35
Big Twin

Mood: I've just ordered a new bike and its a ..
Oh well,i supose we had better conform then.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit