Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 03-Sep-2006, 22:21
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
A Hartside video production

The view from an 800ss apparently. Don't know who the rider is.

http://bacupmedia.co.uk/video/hartside030906.wmv

It's a large file - 50Mb. You will need broadband
Old 03-Sep-2006, 23:52
Big Twin

Nice to see a video of the quicker side of Hartside, everyone seems to do ones of the nadgery (Melmerby) side. Was just saying to a mate today that I have not been up there much this year so I may nip up there in the morning.
Old 03-Sep-2006, 23:58
500SD

Looks to me like the road leading from Alston towards High Force in Teesdale. Of course, I could be wrong.. Nice vid though!
Old 04-Sep-2006, 09:40
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeveetwin
Looks to me like the road leading from Alston towards High Force in Teesdale. Of course, I could be wrong.. Nice vid though!

Thats what I meant, had a long day and was tired. I always enjoy the run from Hartside to Middleton in Teesdale more than the other side. Have done it a few times from Hartside all the way to Sedburgh without meeting any cars at all
Old 04-Sep-2006, 23:04
500SD

One of my favourites too Martin. It's almost always deserted, and the bends are real sweepers. Took my RC over it for the first time just last weekend, and oooh boy! 'Twas motorcycling heaven!
Old 05-Sep-2006, 00:58
Big Twin

Its surprising how quiet it can be up there even at weekend if you turn up at the right time. Found myself a few times coming back from Kielder via Hexham to Alston-Middleton in teesdale- Kirkby Stephen-Sedburgh-Devils bridge late afternoon/early evening in the summer. The weekend warriors are all back home having their tea and the police have gone and the place is deserted. From Hexham to Devils you can ride hard for over an hour without really coming up against any traffic and only having to slow down briefly for the villages mentioned above. I remember at Raid the Lakes talking to some of the BHC boys who had a preference for that kind of road rather than the more nadgery stuff round the lakes, its a shame they couldnt have got up there to have a go. Maybe next year?
Old 05-Sep-2006, 07:17
Ducati Corse

We DREAM of roads like that darn sarf!

That was fantastic guys I was one of the ones at RTL that realised I was allergic to stone walls and really enjoyed the blast back from the coast to Penrith on the Saturday (after I got lost on the ride out) more than the narrow bumpier stone walled roads Next year can we do that road?
Old 05-Sep-2006, 09:08
Deceased 02/10/2010 - R.I.P.
Ducati Corse

Mood: NGRRC Minitwins champion 2007
Here's some more:

The road from Middleton
Old 07-Sep-2006, 23:22
Montjuic

Mood: :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twpd
Here's some more:

The road from Middleton

Help! The hartside vid has had me coming back probably 10 times in the last couple of days - it's fantastic (and addictive watching), especially with the nice bit of growl from the pipes.

Eventually, tonight, I decided to move on to the Middleton vid, and it's not there :-(

Could you repost?

Cheers,

- bambam
Old 08-Sep-2006, 08:18
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
oh well, sunny today, i've got the afternoon off and the 999 looks a bit lonely, think i might go practice a bit more on Hartside

i'd planned on doing that road Friday night Henry but everyone headed for the bar Loz and Ruth have done the bit up to Hartside/Alston with me

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit