Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.
View Poll Results: Interested
Yes 39 62.90%
No 16 25.81%
Don't care either way. 7 11.29%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-Oct-2006, 10:27
Ducati Meccanica

A Question - just interested thats all...

Given the new options to exclude DD from todasy posts, which is great for those who don't want to see it all over, I just wondered what the DSC membership actually thinks about the DD as being part of the DSC.

Now I don't mean all the problems that currently dog it but in general are you interested as a member in the DD racing ?

A simple yes or no please - I'm just wondering tis all
Old 11-Oct-2006, 10:40
everton

Believe it or not I voted Yes.

What we don't need is certain DDers pushing their own agendas and being full of self-promotion.

That way when I'm putting DSC cards on bikes outside dealers, as I was doing at OnYerBike last Saturday, I don't get some leering prat making statements like;

'I wouldn't join the DSC if you paid me - it's the laughing stock of the Ducati community'

'What does DD stand for anyway 'The D***** Derby!'

Spoken in earshot of an OYB principal who agreed that there are more comments than usual flying about regarding the DSC and most are not good.

Sorry, you only wanted a simple yes or no
Old 11-Oct-2006, 11:34
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
I voted 'yes'.

I'm interested to know how people I know (and people I know only by board-name) are getting on with their racing.

Just fed up with the incessent nonsense and bitching that goes with it.

For what it's worth, I thought Lily's idea yesterday of a locked summary after each round is a great idea, and that should be in DSC Topics such that it can be found using the 'Today's Posts without DD' option. That way we can follow what's going on without being drowned by the volume of posts in the DD section.

Martin
Old 11-Oct-2006, 11:48
Big Twin

YES

Absolutley yes...its fantastic that the club as developed a race series like DD.

Not interested in all the 'other-stuff' that is associated with it unfortunately.

The problem is, this becomes quite an emotive subject for some if we really start discussing DD...my concerns are that this is really having an effect on the club as a whole and how it is percieved.

How many members do we have to lose/stop reading the board/potential new members NOT become members/think DD (and therefore by association the DSC) is a bit of a joke, before the number of new members 'recruited' by DD is outweighed by the number that are losing interest in the DSC as a club?

I won't say anymore as much as I would love to, as I know you have tried to keep this thread on track!
Old 11-Oct-2006, 11:59
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Found a CR250. Let the bone braking begin
I put yes down
but only in the way that was suggested by Lily in another thread recently.
I.E a quick impartial and positive report with a few photos about how the weekend's racing went.
Old 11-Oct-2006, 12:17
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I still voted Yes, even though I feel as a part of the Webteam I should try and read as much of the 'controvertial' DD posts as I can stand....

The club is still called 'Ducati Sporting Club' which to me means embracing as many and diverse a range of activites as the name suggests.

ooops - sorry - too much already for a simple Yes or No see, even a Webteam member can't help themselves on an emotive subject.

Frank
Old 11-Oct-2006, 12:24
DSC Club Member
500SD

Yes, because the whole point of DD is to give members of the club a taste of club racing on Ducatis. DD would be the poorer if it wasn't part of the club, not sure if the club would be the poorer if DD wasn't part of it though
Old 11-Oct-2006, 12:25
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
Yes
Old 11-Oct-2006, 12:30
Big Twin

Mood: Black and grey (and a bit of red)
Yes - interested in the racing.

No - not interested in all the cr@p posted on the message board.

Hence - it's now excellent to be able to see today's posts WITHOUT DD.

BC
Old 11-Oct-2006, 13:33
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
A qualified yes, pretty much as the comments above.

It adds something to the Club but I'd say the jury is still out on whether the pros outweigh the cons.

In some respects it still fulfills its orginal aim to facilitate members entry in to racing but as the level rises and it all becomes a bit more serious the aggro level rises as well it would seem.

Ray.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit