Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 04-Jun-2004, 10:36
500SD

Mood: Bonjour Bonjour we are the Billy
Serious Fall out with dealership

I know it is not the done thing to name and shame so i wont. Lets just say it is NOT a Ducati main dealer, but a bike and car superstore.

Wanted to let you all know about my experiences over the last week so that none of the rest of you fall fowl of similar problems.

Picked up the 748r on Thursday having paid the rest of the cash having got back to the UK.

The garage MOT'd it on the day of the sale as agreed.

Scottch very kindly stuck her on the back of his trailer for the short ride home.

Then the problems started:

The bike is not FSH as described, only 2 entries in the service book, neither of which have stamps so are useless. Bike is 4 years old so should have had a lot more services than that!!

Race Termi's fitted which sound awesome, but how the hell did it pass the MOT with them on, and where are the standard set for next year when i need it MOT'd again???

Left wing mirror cracked, no tool kit, fuel leak as fuel lines are perished.........Import so lights blind other drivers, clocks in Kms only not even any stickers for MPH as a guide.

Lastly only did 3 kms on the bloody thing and now won't start, dead, simple as.

So did the sensible thing after spending the weekend thinking about it and took the bike back and rejected it as a duffer under the sale of goods act.

Garage have got extremely shirty, gave them the opportunity to sort out my cash which they failed to do.

Next stop Department of Transport who inspected the vehicle on Wednesday and found it should have failed it's MOT on 2 counts. 1 the exhaust and secondly the lights.

Garage tried to say i requested the race cans, and that they swapped the pipes for standard ones to get it through the test........utter fabrication of course, man from the department has taken photos of the nuts holding on the exhaust which have been there for "Years"and certainly never moved in the last week or so.......... Not enough evidence to shut down their MOT station, but enough for a written warning on their files.

Really raging at the swines trying to stitch me up.............next stop trading standards who have been more than helpfull and are sending out 2 enforcement officers once they have the photos and report from the department of transport.

Spoke to the director at the garage who was a cockey little so and so..........they are adament i am not getting my cash back, looks like it could be a court job.

Short of looking under SAS in the yellow pages and sending her majesty's finest round to sort them out, what the hell am i going to do next??????

This garage was in the Sunday Mail a few weeks ago for exactly the same thing but relating to a car, i just put it down to a "Mardy" customer and thought it was a one off, clearly not!!!

Anyone on the board have any contacts in journalism??? I would love to highlight this lot for the shitesters they are and ensure their name is mud the country over.

Also good solicitor needed with experience in this field?? Any names spring to mind??

Top tip kids: Don't let your heart rule your head when buying a Duke......

Stuff the extra cash, buy it from a Duke main dealer or someone recommended by the board.

I am certainly learning the hard way.

If and when i get my cash back i am off to Duke Glasgow to buy a 749 Dark......2 years trouble free motoring from new.....
Old 04-Jun-2004, 10:42
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
did you know it was an import when you bought it and were you told it was being supplied with original cans too.??

also, to be fair most ducati owners are quite happy when their bike is passed on an m.o.t without changing the cans over.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by dickieducati]
Old 04-Jun-2004, 10:45
500SD

Dickie,

Knew it was an import by the clocks.

As for the cans no mention was made of them........

The set they "Claimed" to have put on to make it pass the MOT are not even the standard R ones, so i doubt very much if they have the original cans????
Old 04-Jun-2004, 10:51
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
I have a "six pack" delivery here standing by!

You would have thought any dealer with a PINNACLE of a bike like a 748R for sale would have at least taken the time to check it over properly.

And then they would have made a STIRLING job of looking after a repeat customer like yourself mate.

Given the manner you've been treated, makes you Wonder, Are No Key-dealers Excited in Retailing Such fine things as our bikes?

Oh well, you live and learn I guess.

Cheers!

Scott
Old 04-Jun-2004, 10:53
500SD

Dickie,

As for the cans they were lovely, and the receipt for them and the EPROM was in the docs pack............i for one do not have a problem with them and glad i never had to pay for them.....I would normally not have a problem, but feel in general this lot are just playing at selling bikes, so i had to be clever and use it to my advantage after they got shirty about giving my cash back.

I wrote them a letter stating that all this could be sorted easily by returning my dosh. If they did not do it in 3 days then i would have no option but to go to the Department of transport which i did.

To describe a bike that needs it's belts done every 12 months as FSH with only 2 previous services carried out is nonsense........No toolkit is basic and cracked mirror (Which believe it or not does not constitute an MOT failure)........and on top of that dying after only doing 3kms is beyond a joke.

Regards

Scotty B
Old 04-Jun-2004, 10:54
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Depending on how you left it with the director, I'd phone him again and explain that if they don't offer you a full refund then you will not only be instructor your solicitor to claim back the cash and damages, but that you will also be contacting the paper which ran the story to offer them an update.

Hopefully the threat of both legal action and another bad story in the paper will be enough to make him take your "get out" of repaying the cash in full.

Stay calm, be clear and state exactly what you want. If you need to, write it all down first and get someone else to check it over before you phone them. If you get all ranty he's likely to just ignore whatever you say, so it's best to remind him that you'd be happy for this to be settled quickly and easily without any more fuss and that solicitors, court and the press is a last resort but one you will use if you ar forced to.

Good luck!
Old 04-Jun-2004, 10:57
500SD

Nice one trailer boy (AKA Scottch)

What an excellent piece of journalism....it has a subliminal message in there somewhere i just cant see it though?????

Boldly written my man.

Regards

ScottyB
Old 04-Jun-2004, 11:02
500SD

Mood: Is it summer yet?
You still coming up to see us on Knockers tomorrow?

LOL

Cheers!

Scott
Old 04-Jun-2004, 11:05
500SD

Antonye,

Excellent piece of advice mate, just wish i had spoken to you yesterday before i phoned up and threatened to rip his neck off and deficate down his neck!!!!!

Ooops......
Old 04-Jun-2004, 11:07
500SD

Yes thumbs i will be at knockers tomorrow.......

Looks like i will be your laptimer bitch again as i have no bike..........

Shall i bring a calendar for your laptimes

Still smiling even in the face of adversity, so there........

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit