Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 04-Oct-2005, 21:47
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
and after all that, unless you've had the bike set up and the compression wound up a few clicks, the super dooper fuel probably won't make a blind bit of difference
Old 04-Oct-2005, 21:50
Ducati Corse

I couldn't care less why they want me to take it off. Like i said, i do it becasue its good manners. End of.
Old 04-Oct-2005, 22:00
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse SE, Evoluzione 2 ....

Mood: Dementor hunted by Foggy :)
As Age996 said "All the fuel companies got together about 2 weeks ago and made the decision to all ban Helmets in the garages. This is also supposed to apply to hoodies and base ball caps." but the reason given was to ensure that they don't sell petrol to anyone under 16, however as you had already put the petrol in your bike they had already supplied it to you, so that's that excuse gone. how about, make sure you have got the right money and just leave it in front of the counter, can't say you haven't paid for it. Although what they have also said is that they are not going to turn the pump on until you take your helmet off, then we will be **********

Will watch out for the Supersonic effect tomorrow Ruth
Old 04-Oct-2005, 22:01
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
The Problem is
This country has forgot
Rule one
Customers make paydays possible.(Treat them with respect) if you still want a job
Rule 2
Tell them that the fact you are waving cash/card at them it shows your intention to pay! not Rob them

Rule 3
Ask petrol companies to provide a BIKE Petrol pump at every station, one thats not covered in Diesel and one where the floor is anti slip

anyway come the Revolution Madmax whoops Madmav wil have the have THE FUEL TANKER

to55ers!!
Old 04-Oct-2005, 22:04
500SD

Mood: happy
Quote:
Originally posted by rockhopper
I couldn't care less why they want me to take it off. Like i said, i do it becasue its good manners. End of.

Have it your own way. But I think you would have a good case it being against your human rights
Old 04-Oct-2005, 22:06
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Interesting comments. Thanks. I just think part of being on a bike is the convenience of it all, which you start to lose when you have to faff about with taking lids off for a transaction that has usually only taken moments to complete.

As it happened, I was wearing glasses which are fiddly to take on an off with a helmet but it was the surprise at being asked for the first time ever. Petrol stations were one of the last bastions of places where cashiers seemed pleased to have me as a customer with my lid on.

If it's going to become common practice, obviously, I shall comply, but I'll also take my time and keep people waiting. Why should they get the benefit of me hurrying when it's actually an inconvenience for me. I'm usually carrying gloves, my purse, my tank bag, maybe a pint of milk or a mars bar I've picked up to buy, all of which would have to be deposited whilst I take my helmet off. Not the floor, so maybe the counter? Or I take it off before I put the petrol in and carry it with me, my tank bag, my purse, in which case I wouldn't have free hands to buy anything ... OK, I'm definitely pre-menstrual. Sorry Henners

[Edited on 4-10-2005 by Redruth]
Old 04-Oct-2005, 22:11
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
I filled up at a shell station on sunday and the chap behind the counter was extreemly polite and said that in the future i would probably be asked to remove my helmet and that they had put a sign on the door, being a shorty and the notice was at high level i did not notice.

However, he went on to say i was ok as I was on an expensive machine!.

By the way, I drove to brighton, down the M23 , for a cuppa on Madera Drive, only to find it shut of to all traffic as it was some sort of Land Rover meeting. So I turned around, went back up the M23, peeled of onto the M25 and turned of to Reigate and then went to Newlands Corner anly seeing one Duke, a numptystrada at newlands.

Where were you all on such a fantastic morning?
Old 04-Oct-2005, 22:11
Ducati Corse

Customer Service?

http://despair.com/ap24x30prin.html

Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth
OK, I'm definitely pre-menstrual. Sorry Henners

... it's OK Ruthie .... so am I
Old 04-Oct-2005, 22:12
500SD

Mood: happy
Well said that Girl.
Old 04-Oct-2005, 22:24
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Quote:
Originally posted by Henners
http://despair.com/ap24x30prin.html

Quote:
Originally posted by Redruth
OK, I'm definitely pre-menstrual. Sorry Henners

... it's OK Ruthie .... so am I

I saw that when you first posted it, Henry. Made me chuckle then too.

Marko, let's test the water on Sunday when we go up to Cadwell. I'll refuse to take my helmet off and you can step in and defend me when they get stroppy

Chief, bad hair days are every day I wear a helmet

I'm mellowing on this now. I'll do what I do when I go into small shops, I'll ASK if I need to take my helmet off. 99 times out of 99, they say no.

As far as the placement of the sign was concerned, if I had been 7 foot tall and NOT wearing a helmet, it may have been visible had I looked upwards. Not terribly obvious. Make a rule, make it obvious, if you don't, expect if to get broken.

[Edited on 4-10-2005 by Redruth]

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit