Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 22-Oct-2006, 17:18
Mille

Another Ducati dealer goes....

My last post was about SPC bmw closing (as i have an F650 too) and now i've just been with my cousin to Pegasus in Reading as he was looking at an S2R1000 they have and he lives about 3 miles away from them.

He was getting all excited about it until he asked about having a service done next year and was told they are only going to keep selling and servicing Ducati until the end of the year, so they could look after it but couldnt get parts/service updates/tools etc etc, it would invalidate the warranty and they WONT be offering warranty work after 1st Jan.

So what sort of after care can he expect???

anyone heard this too? where would he stand on warranty stuff. official line from manufactures is "Warranty is with the supplying dealer" etc. etc.

I am in southampton but am moving next year to newbury so they would have become my local dealer.

When we asked why?, the salesman said ducati was not a good brand anymore and dealers selling them can possibly make a profit.!!! are we going to see more drop this winter ???
Old 22-Oct-2006, 17:34
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
there are other ducati dealers not to far away, i would recomend buying the bike from one of them
Old 22-Oct-2006, 17:41
Ducati Corse

Barnsey, if you are moving to newbury, then you wont be too far from Moto rapido (Winchester) or Snells (Alton).
Ducati are usually helpful - many people brought bikes from the now closed DLS but then went (or had to go) to other outfits for service or warranty work (like Pro-Twins, P & H etc) after DLS closed.
Cant see it as a problem too much
Old 22-Oct-2006, 18:09
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Based on my experience of buying my S4R from Pegasus (despite how cheap it was)..I'd give it a wide swereve anyway to be honest mate..

Nat

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit