Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 01-Jul-2004, 17:36
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Anger Management

Alright....I know it's just a car, even worse it's a Volvo. It's quite a nice Volvo though, a C70 T5 convertible that I've had since new. Since I work a lot from home nowadays I haven't needed to use my car since the weekend, so it's been parked up down the road all week and I haven't even looked at it.

It's been parked outside a house where the owners, despite having one of the only houses in our quaint little part of town with off street parking for two cars, defend the road ouside their house with traffic cones, wheelie bins and all manner of small minded deterents on the rare occasions when one of their own cars isn't parked there.

I've just nipped out in the car to take my son and all his holiday luggage to the station, and what do you know...the drivers door has been comprehensively keyed Damage? Shouldn't think I'll get any change out of £300.

It's the first time in quite a few years that I've suffered any vandal damage, but it makes me spit. The real bummer is that unless you catch someone at it red handed there is bugger all you can do. I'm pretty sure that I know who did it, but can I prove it ??? Of course not.

I'll knock on the door to ask if they've seen anyone and it'll be put down to kids no doubt, Funny thing is we had a spate of this sort of stuff a few years back that was so frequent that the police got involved and found that it was a vindictive adult resident (although not the people at this house). Apparently, according to the local Bill, it's more often territorial residents than kids.

Any anger management advice welcome...

Neighbour

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by Jools]
Old 01-Jul-2004, 17:52
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Jools, Anger Managment. Im sure you could do with some after finding that out. How people can be so small minded,I have seen your parking situation 1st hand and its not easy for you all to find a space at the best of times, but to key the paint work is totally unecceptable . You never see or can catch the low life that do these things, because if we did, we could eradicate the little skits there and then (well at least brake some thing of there's) 4D

[Edited on 1-7-2004 by Fordie]
Old 01-Jul-2004, 18:37
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Still having fun!
perhaps the DSC all regions should meet at your place one Sunday Jools? You tell us which house to park outside and we will oblige.
Or anybody got a beat up old vehicle to leave outside their house for a month?
Old 01-Jul-2004, 18:54
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian
perhaps the DSC all regions should meet at your place one Sunday Jools? You tell us which house to park outside and we will oblige.
Or anybody got a beat up old vehicle to leave outside their house for a month?

great idea....I'll come up from the south coast for that!! Oh - and make sure you cone around their house so we can all park there....
Old 01-Jul-2004, 19:44
Ducati Corse

Just a thought .... what if it wasn't either of them? Just saying this because vigilante behaviour is never pretty and rarely reflects well on those involved.

Suggest you canvas all the folk in the street to find out if anyone saw anything.
Old 01-Jul-2004, 20:50
Ducati Corse

Go down to the car auctions and buy the cheapest car you can find. Take it home during the night and park it outside their house. Then throw the keys away.
Old 01-Jul-2004, 23:42
Big Twin

Anger management.
Don't get stressed. It's a car, so what.
Why would you want to get it re-sprayed/touched up for £300? You wanna get it re-sprayed so it looks nice when you go to it and drive round the in-laws/to town/out for the night etcetera.
Most of the time, you'll be on the move in it so no-one will notice anyhows.
Whatdaya think people will be saying "oooohhh, look at that keyed car, he must be a bad 'un"??
It's a piece of metal.
the petty small minded people who resort to these tactics are just that, petty and small minded. Rise above 'em. Most likely the people who did it will be doing all the stress and running themselves into cardiac arrest territory, so chill out and just wax over it.

But if it was yer bike, ..well that's different.
Old 02-Jul-2004, 00:07
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
Quote:
Originally posted by guest1
Anger management.
Don't get stressed. It's a car, so what.
Why would you want to get it re-sprayed/touched up for £300? You wanna get it re-sprayed so it looks nice when you go to it and drive round the in-laws/to town/out for the night etcetera.
Most of the time, you'll be on the move in it so no-one will notice anyhows.
Whatdaya think people will be saying "oooohhh, look at that keyed car, he must be a bad 'un"??
It's a piece of metal.
the petty small minded people who resort to these tactics are just that, petty and small minded. Rise above 'em. Most likely the people who did it will be doing all the stress and running themselves into cardiac arrest territory, so chill out and just wax over it.

But if it was yer bike, ..well that's different.

a1 attitude
but what the hell set fire to there house any way
Old 02-Jul-2004, 00:30
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Jools, I've got a 21ft long motorhome we could park outside their house-do you think that would do the trick??

John
Old 02-Jul-2004, 00:36
500SD

don`t get mad....get even.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit